GO!

Nice Suprise!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Wed Apr 10, '13 4:16pm PST 
We stopped by the groomers tonight to get his ears cleaned. There was a guy I hadn't seen before and he got down and welcomed Callie over. They played for awhile then a girl behind the counter said "Do you know who this is?". The guy looked at Callie and shook his head.

It turns out this young man was the one who found Callie to begin with. He picked him up wandering and brought him to the groomers...the groomer does rescue work too. She works with local shelters and rescue groups and cleans up alot of doggies before they're put up for adoption.

I told him several times how glad I am that he rescued Callie and how happy our family was to find such a special boy.

It was so sweet seeing them meet again. Callie has put on at least ten pounds since we got him and his fur has grown back in. Not a wonder this guy didn't recognize him...he's a new dog!

We shared a fun side theory that Callie might in fact still be a puppy...meaning by next year at this time he could be a full sized bull moose...can hardly lift him on the bed now...wooof

Edited by author Thu Apr 11, '13 11:33am PST

[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Apr 10, '13 5:28pm PST 
That's great! Callie must have recognized him. smile
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 7:32am PST 
Oh that's awesome! way to go
[notify]