GO!

Look what Farles found!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 3:10pm PST 
Nice work Farles. smile I wish you could keep the kittens, but like Bianca said, you should try and foster them for a while before adopting them out. smile And jeez, -1 in Alberta already? You need to come up to Ontario for thanksgiving this weekend. smile
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 7:33pm PST 
That's a good point. They do seem pretty young to split up the litter already. I think I will try and keep them together for a while longer before I adopt them out. I didn't really think about that, I don't really have any experience with cats/kittens so thanks for the insight! smile

The kittens are a hoot. They're eating plenty (Wellness canned- they're eating a large can per day between the three of them!) They're drinking water, playing, exploring, and they love Farley! They are already super socialized with him. He's been playing with them, giving them tongue-baths, and his licking even helped them go to the bathroom! He's like a replacement mother! He insists on checking on them every 30 seconds and is only relaxed when all three of them are asleep laugh out loud

Photos for your viewing pleasure

Farles and grey tabby female

Farles watching the kitties

So tiny!

You can guess which one is the troublemaker

being a goof

Farles and little seal point female

Edited by author Thu Oct 4, '12 7:39pm PST

[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 7:42pm PST 
Yeah I would try to keep them together as long as you can, breeders usually keep kittens until they are 12 weeks old. I think shelters/rescues sometimes adopt them out a few weeks earlier than that-- although at least around here most shelters/rescue will only adopt kittens out that young in pairs...
[notify]

Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 4:29pm PST 
How are Farley's babies doing today?
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 6:37pm PST 
They are too stinkin' adorable!! cloud 9 cloud 9 I hope you're able to find some really good homes for them. Farley is doing good with them! big grin
[notify]
Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 10:47pm PST 
I'm going to echo Kali. How are they? Pictures, we must have pictures!
[notify]
Lincoln

Huge heart, big- funny clown

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 6:02am PST 
applause I would like to applaud you first on having such a big-hearted Farles. Many dogs would have killed those kittens--prey drive. I have had dogs that loved "babies" of any variety. They are confident in the love YOU have given them--and their temperments are huge hearted!kissing Those kittens will at least "have a chance" to find someone like YOU to care for them thru out their lives--and even maybe a Farles to watch over them! Lincoln LOVES his kitten--now a fully grown kitty-Katie. Around our house "differences" only makes life fun and full of love and respect for one another! I have been blessed with my last two dogs being just like Farles-a confident, loving pup! You got a Winner, there in All your "family".dog walk Blessings to all of you. (I don't mean my other dogs would have hurt any kittens--I'd just had to convince them that "kittens are fun too.)
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 12:01pm PST 
Hi! wave

Good news- all three kittens have homes! I will still be keeping them a while longer but I have one friend that wants the male and a co-worker who wants the two females- so they'll get to go to their new home as a pair! smile

They have each gained 2-3 ounces since I first weighed them the night I took them in. They are all healthy, bright-eyed, curious, playful, etc. I'm having a blast playing with them and obviously Farles is too!

It's funny because he does have a decent prey drive and goes nuts for cats, squirrels, mice and rabbits and pretty much any other animals outside, but maybe he knows the little kittens are babies because he sure is awfully sweet to them. He's quite protective of them and will bark and growl if he hears anyone walk by outside the house, when normally he'd just bark. It seems like he's "extra" on guard.

Close-up

snuggles

the protector

I also have a video here of Farles nibbling and licking one of the kittens. Remove any spaces from the URL!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4320450983926&set=vb.16 66590051&type=2&theater
[notify]
Coco

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 3:06pm PST 
The kittens are really beautiful and so lucky you took them in, thanks to everyones hero...............Farles!!!
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 7:09pm PST 
That's so cute. He must have been a mother in another life. LOLOLO way to goway to go
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3