GO!

Keeshond in New England?

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '12 11:02am PST 
A friend of mine adopts senior Keeshonds. Her older dog is almost 15 and is nearing the end of life.

She has a middle aged female.

Looking for an older adult male that is more confident than the female, she is timid and doesn't like being alone.

Special needs dogs are fine.

So far no luck in the area. They seem to be all out west.
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 12:05pm PST 
Tell her to keep checking Petfinder.com. She may not find one right away especially if she is looking for something specific, and will have to be willing to make a bit of a drive to pick one up. I've been looking at Kees myself and there seem to be quite a few in Kansas. Some rescues will place out of state so asking if transport is an option wouldn't hurt either. She could also check with local breeders off of the national breed club website. Sometimes they have dogs that need rehomed or are being retired.

ETA: Was just looking at the rescue in Kansas and they do adopt out of their area- Have her check out Keeshond Lovers United. They may be able to help her find one in her area as well.

Edited by author Mon Jul 23, '12 12:16pm PST

[notify]