GO!

When Backyard Breeding Goes Horridly, Horridly Wrong

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Fa la la la- Luce!

Swallowed a- Whistle

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 10:12am PST 
A co-worker sent me a photo of Rosie on Facebook this weekend and I brought it to the attention of Dogster's editor-in-chief; she got Maria, a contibuting editor, on the story immediately.

Here is Rosie's Story

Bless them all.cloud 9

Edited by author Tue Jun 26, '12 10:34am PST

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 11:53am PST 
I think that has got to be the worst I have ever seen. I am speechless but smiling because of the good hearts of the rescuers.
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 12:57pm PST 
Thank you for bringing this story to Dogster's attention, I am happy they wrote about it. That is wonderful that Rosie and all those other dogs are now in better hands, with those that truly care for them. There has to be something mentally wrong with hoarders like Rosie's ex-owners, there is no explanation for how someone can claim such love for something but treat it is such a manner. shrug

Good job, animal rescuers! way to go
[notify]

y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 1:32pm PST 
The originally owners need to be committed to a mental health ward.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 2:25pm PST 
Yes, Lilith, and someone better keep a good eye on them since most usually start right up again, as soon as possible, especially without treatment for their mental issues, which is usually part of the sentencing when these things do go to court.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 3:47pm PST 
my mom has been following rosie sence day one to. poor little sweetheart.
[notify]
Sandy (aka- Thumper)

Stunned that- Dogster is going- away

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 4:59pm PST 
many hugs to Rosie.....
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 7:24am PST 
crycrycrycry poor little baby crycrycrycry

tears are rolling down

hugRosiehug
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 12:56pm PST 
Thanks for bringing this to Dogster's attention. It was a good story. Backyard breeding seems like a harmless pursuit to many people...until they see a dog like Rosie.

Ugh, anybody breeding with merle genes possessing so little knowledge needs to be naughty And all that inbreeding on top of it.

It was great to read about how sensitively those rescuers had to handle the situation in order to help the dogs, it's a key point regarding how to best handle something like this. Alienating those people through heavy handed tactics would just have gotten a door slam. Hoarders often deeply love their critters...they're just incapable due to suffering with their own mental illness.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 3:23pm PST 
the breeding of merles is very tricky

my hats are off to the rescuers. I dont think I could have kept a calm head and a civil tongue.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2