GO!

Rehoming Dog with Biting History?

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Tue May 8, '12 11:41pm PST 
My husband adopted a Lhasa as a puppy several years back, and 2 years ago the Lhasa began being aggressive with most people - attacking, biting, or trying to bite people for little apparent reason. Since I began dating and married my husband, it has only gotten worse since I am now the target of his attacks.

We spoke to behaviorists who told us he can never be "cured" but managed in the right circumstances - a home with only one or two people, no kids, no other dogs. We hope to have children in the next year or so, and have another dog that is very well behaved. My husband's job changed to the point where he now travels frequently and I literally can't care for the dog without getting attacked.

My husband and I are in a bind. He truly loves the Lhasa, but its behavior puts me in fear. We can't keep him, but my husband cries at the idea of putting him down. We hope he might turn around in different circumstances. I've posted him online, but I have to be honest with actually talking to interested people about his temperament - which makes people lose all interest and I can't even blame them. The dog terrifies me myself. The only person he is halfway behaved around is my husband (and then even he has to be careful often).

Does anyone have any advice about what we should do?
[notify]