GO!

So I got a poodle

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 7: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 6:00pm PST 
Zeph, you are AWESOME! cheerway to gopartypartyballoonshamster danceblue dogdancingapplausebig grin
[notify]
Beatrice

Poodle Pants- likes to prance.-

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 6:48pm PST 
Toto that's what I think, and what rescue thought (There were some implied expletives). She was a 'Doodle' churning girl. She's now likely too old and too sick to be an easy breeder so they dumped her. She has some odd quirks that make me think she may have been a family pet once, or she's just so happy to have a safe place to lay down in peace she's willing to just go with the flow.

I just took her out and she gets so stressed leaving the house and wants to go back in immediately. She stands by the door until I cave and let her back in. She gets so freaked out she's going to be locked out or left places she doesn't like to be out of sight. frown

Onyx, I made her her own page (See Left) complete with better pictures and a longer (tldr) back-story/journal. It's still abbreviated but we've had an eventful few days.

Edited by author Wed Apr 18, '12 6:50pm PST

[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 8:04pm PST 
You rock! smile Thanks for fighting the good fight! Best of luck with the heartworm treatment and all her other recovery needs!
[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 10:12pm PST 
Eventful indeed! Looks like she's getting a well deserved rest smile

Hope she recovers quickly! She's a pretty girl and I bet she'll look even better once she's feeling better.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Apr 19, '12 12:41am PST 
Wow! Zephyr I'm so glad you saved her! big hug Sounds like the poor girl has had a rough trot, finally her luck is changing now she has found you! Zephyr looked so relaxed in the photo too which is great. smile
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Apr 19, '12 9:59am PST 
oh! Yipee! And she looks so happy now!
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '12 8:32pm PST 
cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9 She's a lucky girl...bless you for taking her in. I have 5 Poodles...3 rescues...and I'm ok with being the "crazy dog lady" laugh out loud Embrace ithug
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '12 11:14pm PST 
laugh out loud (Snip)Five/Six dogs is my slow descent into being "that crazy woman with the 40 dogs", but my trainer tells me since 3 of mine are small, two of those are seniors and Bea is likely a Senior that's like only having 3. (He has eight of course, six of whom are seniors who he couldn't find homes for due to health issues/age etc. Owning a kennel helps that I guess). (snip) big laugh

Oh lord, my person is on the way as well. We are holding at 7. Ummmm I haven't had a chance to get Chewy his own page yet but he is #7 a Catahoula leopard dog, I believe. He is a good lean dog right now, but gained 35 pounds to get to a good lean size.

shrug Can we count Auda and Cocoa as 1 dog? the two combined weight about 30 pounds. Auda is also older. Briz is over 14, does this get me down to about 4?????
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '12 3:59am PST 
Fritz, if you count like that I must only have TWO!!!! I only have ONE over 20 lbs, he's 25 lbs, BOL!!!!!
[notify]
Bridgit

don't hate me- because I'm- beautiful

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '12 10:04am PST 
Good for you!! I just rescued an 8 week old standard poodle puppy 2 days ago. She is blind in one eye and may lose it if it gets worse, but we adore her. Good for you!!!!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 7: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7