GO!

Don't you hate having to choose? *SIGH*

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 7:41am PST 
So today I get this text message from animal control with two litters of puppies that need to be rescued. Naturally, I say "I'll see what I can do."

I look closely at the photos, knowing what I'm going to have to do.

Here, you can look at the cuties yourself.
Brown pups

Black Pups

Now here is how rescue works.

I can save the brown guys. The don't appear to have a pit bull in them, they look a little like boxers, and they are a little cuter.

The black kids? They will be labeled "black-lab/pit bull" and won't be highly adoptable. The rescue won't take them, though I'm trying to get them in anyway. They will likely be euthanized.

Doesn't that suck?
confused
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 5:00pm PST 
Yeah, that classifies as sucking...confused
Thing is, I don't see pit in either the brown (their little legs look a bit basset hound-ish to me, but I wouldn't really know, Boxer mix is a good guess), OR the black pups (for them I would have guessed Lab/BC mix).
Good luck on getting them both into the rescue.wishes
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 6:54pm PST 
That really does suck.-cry
Don't envy your position at all.big hugflowers
Would be nice if people could be responsible so no one would ever have to choose.smile
[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 7:31pm PST 
Personally, I think the black pups are cuter...smile

The black and white one doesn't look pittie at all...shrug

But, that's an unfortunate choice. Something I couldn't handle.
[notify]
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 7:54pm PST 
Aw thanks Sanka. I think the black kids are cute, but they're a dime a dozen around here. Nobody wants to adopt black dogs, so they're automatically less adoptable. See the way that black pups ears fold back? He may have no pit in him whatsoever and it doesn't matter. If the SPCA in Houston (where I take mixed pups) gets wind of THAT, then these pups will be euthed. No ands, ifs, or buts about it.

One of the brown females already has a home, though! smile One step at a time!!!!
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 8:10pm PST 
frown I stopped looking at the website that we use to decide which dogs to pull. Too hard to make the choice for which one lives, which one dies... frown So glad one of the little brown ones has a home already!! Good luck with saving the rest!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 6:29am PST 
Gunner,
Looking closely,very closely,I would have to say they are a beautiful litter of lab/boxer pups with maybe a little something else thrown in. That should end any confusion or difficulty. Good Luck on diong your best for them. They really all do deserve good,loving homes.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 7:04am PST 
Gunner I see the point you're trying to make with this tread but I truly hope that you go around keeping track of the ones you saved not the ones you didn't otherwise you're going to make yourself crazy. big hug
[notify]
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 7:58am PST 
Jewel, I am, don't worry! I'm just frustrated. I got those photos back to back and knew what I could and couldn't do immediately. frown It just flared up my frustration.

On the bright side, at least one of the puppies has a for sure home. The others aren't saved yet, but I'm working on it.
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 9:49am PST 
Hey, Siri is a Boxer mix (Boxer, Rotti, GSD) and his ears fold back like that. No pit in him at all. That's gotta be a Boxer mix.

I don't envy you having to choose, though. I love 'em all! I need a big place where I can take a whole bunch of puppies and save them.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2