GO!

Seattle, WA area-- Need foster for nursing Blue Heeler/Aussie litter

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Levi - CGC

Can I catch it?- Can I eat it?- What's it?

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 11:37am PST 
("Seattle" on my page)

There is a nursing litter of dogs in immediate need of a proper foster home in the King County, WA area. I'm willing to personally pick up & transport them several hours away, where ever they can get care.

From the conversation I had, I get the feeling they will soon end up in a dumpster or on the street. The mother is in the hands of irresponsible owners who did not, and continue not to want to bother paying to get her spayed-- in fact, they are planning on abandoning her. The puppies they plan to get rid of before 6 weeks of age. The owners have no idea of how to care for a nursing mother or her litter of puppies, and I fear the worst if they get "tired" of them before then or cannot afford to keep them or give them veterinary aid or specialty care (they do not even feed the mother puppy food). They plan on abandoning the dog only because they became "tired" of her and they need to "clean out their animal collection".

Please, if there is a foster house ready to take a nursing litter of 9 puppies and the mother, contact me as soon as you can. The mother is Blue Heeler and the puppies are Blue Heeler/Australian Shepherd (the neighbor's unfixed dog is Aussie).

As soon as the litter is old enough, the local shelter is willing to alter and put them up for adoption, including the mother. They are tragically short-handed.

Edited by author Thu May 31, '07 3:17pm PST

[notify]
charlotte- ♥

must...- not...blink...

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 11:47am PST 
levi, try www.gingerspetrescue.org

i don't know how much space she has but i do know that she helps a lot of dogs in the seattle area.

my heart breaks for these puppies and their momma. thank you for trying to help them.
[notify]
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 11:52am PST 
I'm very sad for these puppies...
I hope there is room somewhere for them to go. We just got a litter of Aussie mix pups too. They are about 3 months.
Life's so sad...
Best wishes to them...
[notify]

Zoe

Raw fed since- '07

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 2:33pm PST 
Do you know if the mamma is friendly?

if she is, i can take them and get them adopted. Im in anacortes, which isnt too too far from king county
[notify]
Zoe

Raw fed since- '07

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 2:35pm PST 
sorry, i posted before i was done ...lol
I should specify friendly with other dogs party

As long as she gets along with Zoe, I have the next two weeks off work and i know i could find them homes, and make sure she gets spayed and re-homed.
[notify]
Levi,- PAWS-My- Guardian- Angel

Can't keep a- cattle dog down- :)

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 3:01pm PST 
I'm so glad you responded, Zoe...we may be able to help but the mama would have to be very friendly with dogs and little humans...
we would definitely be able to help once the pups were old enough to be without their mama!
We're in Poulsbo on the other side of the sound
[notify]
Skittles

boofer

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 3:19pm PST 
i would help but in in s. a , i guess thats to far away ????
[notify]
Levi - CGC

Can I catch it?- Can I eat it?- What's it?

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 3:40pm PST 
I'm going to get that information-- how many weeks old the litter is already, and how friendly the mother is. The owners are related to a friend of my sister's, and I'm going to try and meet the mommy myself and take my laid-back house dog to interview her if I can.

I know that the litter is very new, and not even at 6 weeks old yet, else the puppies would be gone already. I will immediately update here when I know more.

Even if I find a foster I will keep all your kind hearts in the loop because 9 Australian Shepherd/Cattle Dog puppies now need help finding homes!

Oh! I'm going to take my camera!!
cloud 9

Edited by author Mon May 28, '07 3:54pm PST

[notify]
Zoe

Raw fed since- '07

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 3:43pm PST 
ok, no worries. let me know... my house is here.
[notify]
Levi,- PAWS-My- Guardian- Angel

Can't keep a- cattle dog down- :)

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 3:49pm PST 
We hope the mama is friendly and the pups are all doing well!
Let us know if you post pics of the little dearsbig grin
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4