GO!

No Presa Canario rescue in US!!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

♥- Lucia, CGC- ♥

Thanks for- rescuing!

Barked: Thu Jul 13, '06 7:57am PST 
There is NO rescue group in the entire country for Presa Canario. This is for a lot of reasons, but because of this, there are hundreds of Presas put to sleep every year because very few rescue groups want to deal with them. I and my friend Barbie Perry of hotwaterrescue.com are trying to change that.

We have started International Presa Canario Rescue and are looking for Molosser owners, lovers or enthusiasts to help us out with various things. Foster homes, transports, promotion, web management, home visits, application checks, etc. There is SO much to be done!!!

If you are interested, please pmail Lucia, email me @ why-1ie@hotmail.com, or check out our
Yahoo! group
and request an invitation to join( anyone is welcome!)

If you know anyone who may be interested in helping this wonderful breed, please forward this to them!! I figured that Dogster would be a great place to find people that wanted to help!

Edited by author Thu Jul 13, '06 8:03am PST

[notify]
Jackie Poo,- NPC

I swear, I- didn't do it

Barked: Thu Jul 13, '06 8:01am PST 
It's not a breed-specific rescue, but I came from an anti-bsl involved rescue that kind of specializes in breeds like presas, dogos argentinos, etc.
check out Hot Water Rescue. Maybe if you combine forces with them you can accomplish even more!
[notify]
♥- Lucia, CGC- ♥

Thanks for- rescuing!

Barked: Thu Jul 13, '06 8:04am PST 
Jackie Poo: I'm already a volunteer for Hot Water & Barbie Perry (the executive director of Hot Water) is my partner in this rescue effort too! Hot Water is a Great Rescue huh??

=p
[notify]

Jackie Poo,- NPC

I swear, I- didn't do it

Barked: Thu Jul 13, '06 8:10am PST 
Yeah, they tried to talk my mom into volunteering as a foster home but we cant...Dad's allergies to dog hair. They'd have to limit placements to wirehaired, wooly, or hairless....and they don't get too many of those.
We are considering working with KBT rescue...in the future. After my sister is well and I'm less of a little hellion!
big grin
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Thu Jul 13, '06 6:31pm PST 
Lucia-

You know my love for these Presas. I'd love to help. (I never got an e-mail back from Barbie by the way.) As soon as we can foster, we will. In the meantime, anything I can do.

You have my e-mail already. I'd love to be invited to the group.

Give me all the work you can for the rescue. These babies deserve to be rescued too.

-Brit

Edited by author Thu Jul 13, '06 6:34pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 6:52pm PST 
I NEED A PRESA!!! Please call me if you are a rescue w a Press Canario pup!!! 513-214-7503!
[notify]