GO!

I am so proud of Sadie !

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sun May 18, '14 7:12am PST 
Before I begin telling my story I have to say sorry for it being so long, ok? I love all my friends here on dogster by the way. You guys have taught me so much and I have tryed to learn every- thing I can form this place too. All your stories of horra and happi
ness, stress & tryumphantries ect. I thank God for bringing me here to this site. More so as of late then ever and I tell my friends to about this place.Both the SD handlers or want to be SD handler and non handlers. About a week ago I had my first public re-jection of my service dog. After reading all of the insidents that you have had it actually helped me to deal with this one. Not to not give credit to the people at Burger king also. (Witch my x-sister N law mentioned "who is not a SD handler" by the way. )
We were out shopping going in and out of many stores and on foot cause it was a nice day. Well a couple stores really but not any thing really new cause I've been in them a few times before
with Sadie no less. We were done and my X sister N law was hungry did not like Wendy's witch was very close by. Burger King is not that far off either just a lil bit over form there so it was not a big walk. I felt like I needed some walking and was enjoying the day(Witch by the way needed the much walking since I had not gotten out to do as of late) She mentioned as we walked in that she was ordering form the dollar menue that I could get some-thing too. Since my sugar levels were up I was trying to get them down and mentioned this. She said," Then we will be getting you a salad." I laughed cause she is like that. Telling me what I am suppose to do like that. As we entered the Burger King a man
was just finishing his order at the counter and walk to the soda
drinks. He saw us enter and as we waiter to order since there were not then many in the place it was not a long wait. He was
the only one in front of us and there were less then 10 people in the whole place. He stopped in his tracks and looked at Sadie and I and looked at the people behind the counter. "You let dogs in here?" He asks the people behind the counter. The manager is one of them and he spoke up; He says, "Yes sir, we have to it is a service dog, It's the law we to allow it." " The law? What kind of service dog?" "Yes, the law and we can not ask that sir." Meaning they are not allowed to ask me what I use Sadie for. But if people are nice enough when asking I usually tell them as we here on dogster like to advicate learning of SDs. He looked at me then and asked the same question very inquistivly so I spoke up. After the manager spoke saying he could not ask that of me. I said, "She is a Medical alert dog." I have trouble really explaining Sadie's work to people cause Sadie dose many things for me.
So the best response was that. He pauses for a moment then asks," What kind of medical alert?" the manager speaks up again,
"Sir, you can't ask her that." I said,"It's ok," since he was seeming to be inquistitive of Sadie and as I said I do like to do my part when I can to educate people about service dogs. I said," She is my diabetic alert dog." I picked one ailment out of the dozen or so problems I have that would describe her work. That is when it happened! He exploded! In to a rage... He started ranting like a mainiac. (Not the slag of Mainers by the way) Yelling," I'm a diabetic! I don't have a dog!" ect. Waving his diabetic pen around.
Sir, you can't do that, sir, sorry you have to stop doing that."
As the man just yelled and made a spectical of himself. "I'm not going to stay here it is gross and dirty having a dog in here like that!" In a low tone I said,"sorry." Meaning sorry he felt that way.
Sadie happen to be clean and bathed 2 days before that. He stormed out of the Burger King pass Sadie and I. The Best part
that made me so proud of Sadie was during the whole thing Sadie never reacted or even seemed to acknowlege the man's display. Now people I have to confess a few things about Sadie in the past she has done a few bad things while we were out but not in these places or (people) stores I've gone to. I've (I mean She has) had a couple times that she has jumped at people. While walking her off dutie and in a pet shop. Never in a people store. The manager was appologysing attinmatly and the young man and others behind the counter too. The young man who was taking our order was beside himself, cause he was just telling us how he had 4 service dogs and a cat that detected seigers. He was so flustered he could not take our order right so the manager helped and we ended up getting our meal free. A lil ole lady that was a costomer came up and spoke in a kindly voice," It's better that he left,dear."
I smiled and thanked her. So said another worker that came out to clean off tables. They all handled the situation well and I was very calm also about it. I think I was so calm cause of all the stuff I have read on here. I also have a tendancy to melt down after the fact. But also I think it was cause of Sadie too. She was the best thing that came out of it. My X sister N law was so shookin Up over it too. She said (since at one time she worked at McDonalds they has special training for those situation and dealing with Service dogs ect. I want to give cootos to the Ellsworth daytime shift Burger king if not to the org. here on Dogster.

Edited by author Sun May 18, '14 10:04am PST

[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun May 18, '14 9:49am PST 
I have to again mention how proud I was of Sadie and how Cool it was of the Burger king people to stand up for me like that....
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun May 18, '14 9:47pm PST 
hughughughughughug WELL DONE !

flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon May 19, '14 4:38am PST 
TY Flicka
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon May 19, '14 7:03pm PST 
partyhappy dancehamster dancehi5hugsmile
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat May 24, '14 10:10am PST 
TY Frizits
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Sep 19, '14 11:44am PST 
Sadie is doing very well considering all that she has been through I am still so proud of her cause she has grown up to be a very good SD for me. We are working with another NOvice team and Sadie has been so great. But then it dose help that the person is someone she knows well and loves.
She is true to her breed and to her job and that is the most amazing part about working with her.
We have been through so much the past few months and I feel that we have come a long way the both of us and have been the better for it all. But not with out the support of good friends here on DOgster. I thnk you all for the support you've all given us in the past and since.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '14 12:22pm PST 
She has being doing well since we have been working again together. We go to group in the bigger city taking the bus there. It is a 15-20 min. ride in to bangor then we take another bus to the place we go to group. Sometimes it is from 6-7 in the morning after leaving where we live to 1-3 in the afternoon to get home. Sometimes the bus is very crowded but she dose pretty good. It gets us out and away from the people I live with. I think I need to talk to my worker about this they may have to help move again witch I don't like. At group she dose pretty well too, everyone loves her. I am not going to go in to a rant on How I feel I am who I am and should be left to live in my own way, as long as I am not physically abusing her or negecting her in anyway. Witch I am not doing if anything I am trying to take as much time as I can between bouts of painful fibroidmielgia and teeth issues etc. I stayed pretty much out of their aguement as well try to as much as I can be too snobbish or seclueded. I think Sadie is bonding better to me again as long as I can seclued or limit as you may say her time with them. Telling them how I feel or using my skills I've learned from my groups, I am sure will not work on them. I do not feel I should waist my time. They talk about being family like but I feel that is not going to fair well either.
I just take a deep breath and tell them feel what you feel is right or think what you want to think etc. I am not going to feed in to it I am here as a roommate or just mearly renting off you.
My space has not been respectted my work with my dog has not been respected(I feel I am rittaculed for not sharring as much time as you feel you should have with her. But as I said as it is I am still proud of her cause for the for most she dose pretty good at responding to my commands. Guess that is all I can say right now .....
[notify]