GO!

Anyone know where I can buy one of these

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 11:38pm PST 
Hey all I have been wondering where I can buy a hands free lead for my SD that goes around my neck and across my shoulders and hooks to my dogs vest. I am 6ft 1in and my dog is a labrador well chocolate Labrador. Looking for one of these leads for a while havent found anything I have seen a couple in leather which I would prefer because of the quality and how long they last does anyone have a link to a site for one of these or have a idea where I can find one? Thanks in advance.
[notify]
RidgeRunner

Seeley, CGC- (SDiT)

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 5:05am PST 
I highly recommend Bold Lead Designs. It's a small leather leash company based in Colorado, and Katrina (the owner) does amazing work. The leashes aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. She has many different styles to choose from, and if you can't find what you're looking for, you can call her and custom-make a leash. I just got a leash from her and am already drooling over a multi-functional leash that I want to buy soon - once I have the money saved up. Several of my K9 SAR dog training friends swear by her leashes, since they're sturdy, beautiful, functional, and last forever.

Might be something to think about. Website is "Bold Lead Designs dot com"
[notify]
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 11:22am PST 
Honestly, I got mine from PetsMart. It's the multipurpose leash. It's not leather, but I've been using it for at least 5 years and its still going strong.
[notify]

Diesel

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 8:22pm PST 
We just got a 6' 6-way Euro lead. You can find them on Amazon for less than $30, leather, different lengths and widths and colors. Riah was reluctant to use it at first, but loves it now. Shes very small (5'2" and 115 lbs), Diesel's 90# and 27" at the withers. There are so many ways to utilize it. Acros the body on a shoulder, waist, really short lead. No more needing 65 different leads lol. Long enough for potty stops and down/wait while we shop and she looks at things. I saw some up to 8" long.
[notify]
Beth

Hey! I hear- people landing- on the Moon!

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 8:58pm PST 
Since you're in L.A. check out Blue Collar Working Dogs in Silver Lake. They have all sorts of equipment there, including service dog gear.
[notify]
Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 11:30am PST 
I found a picture of the thing I am looking for however dogster wont post a picture arghhh. I am posting the link so you guys can see what it is im looking for since I cant figure out the name of it. I think its called a Hands free SD lead but not sure. Been looking for one because I use a cane most of the time and going thrhough grocery stores is getting more painful because to grab something involves me dropping my dogs lead to be able to bend and grab something or just grab something.

She is trained to grab things for me but inside stores I dont want her grabbing stuff I dont own only things I own is she grabbing. Having something that could be both hands free and if I want to grab the lead like im walking around somewhere and I can hold her lead I want that capability aswell. The link is below thanks again everyone
[notify]
Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 11:32am PST 
Beth I had no clue there was a working dog place to shop at here in LA thats awesome thanks. So far I have been just buying the things I require online. since it isnt the vests and accessories that make the Service Dog its the actual training which she has had. So I need leather only because of the fact I have major neck scaring and something going across my neck has to be leather for greater ease. Atleast this way leather wont hurt me anything like the material they normally use will cause me pain.
[notify]
Beth

Hey! I hear- people landing- on the Moon!

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 1:03pm PST 
Check out their site at www.bluecollarworkingdog.com
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 3:53pm PST 
I got mine from here:
http://allthingsbiothane.com/catablog-items/a-p-b-all-purpose -biothane-lead/#.Un15E4IhPHR

It's not leather though, it's beta biothane which feels a lot like leather and it's available in a lot of colors.
It's convertible to an over-the-shoulder leash or a waist leash, and I had them customize it to my waist size and to fit comfortably on my shoulder, and also put in a floating O-ring between the two other rings.

Edited by author Fri Nov 8, '13 3:54pm PST

[notify]