|Barked: Mon Oct 21, '13 9:00am PST |
I have a 10 month old Shiloh shepherd for a Service Dog for my PTSD (I am a 100% disabled Veteran) I am in the process of searching for and buying my first home and am interested in most to least New Mexico, Texas (Both have no property taxes for 100% disabled Veterans) and Arizona, If it were just me the decision would not be a issue but I worry about how the temperatures will effect my Plush (long haired) Shiloh I will consider other places as well if the skies are dark the climate is mild. any and all suggestions welcomed with the following requirements (please explain the pros and cons of your suggested areas if you can).:
1. Comfortable temperatures and not much snow in the Winter (Cooler temps than Phoenix, Az in Summer) Low chances for Earthquakes, Tornados and such.
2. Within 60-90 miles of a VA Hospital (or 45 min. from a VA Out patient clinic)
3.Dark Skies for Astronomy near like minded people I can learn Astronomy, Astrophotography ect. from ( http://www.jshine.net/astronomy/dark_sky/ ) If this link works anywhere that falls in the blue (worst), Lite Grey, or Dark Grey (BEST)
4. No more than 45 min from Civilization for eating out and shopping (I tend to eat out more than cook at home)
5. Near Activities Smokey would enjoy like Dog Parks, Hiking, Groomers.
6. Low Crime (Not too close to Mexico border I am afraid of Drug/Human Trafficking)
7. Average Cost of Living (My income is about $2,800 a month)
8. Close enough to Civilization to have decent Internet speeds (Faster than dial up)
I will stop the list here before I make it impossible. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Edited by author Mon Oct 21, '13 9:03am PST
|my posts | my page | msg me | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|