GO!

Best place for ID/mobility harness for golden retriever

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3  
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 3:39pm PST 
What are you looking for, if you are getting an interim harness? Does it need to have a rigid weight bearing handle? If not, there are a lot more options available.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 7:43am PST 
I have been studing and working on my own design of mobility harness cause I have not found any with big pack and the designs I have seen don't fit my life style.
[notify]
Blondie

Love is eternal- hope.

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 6:59pm PST 
Try to look after Julius K9 harnesses. Its a Germany, comp. designed harnesses for therapy, rescue, police, assistance and guide dogs also. To order some from Europe should be quite difficult, but you may find some ex. on e bay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0& _nkw=juus k9 harness&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Edited by author Sat Apr 20, '13 7:08pm PST

[notify]

Blondie

Love is eternal- hope.

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 7:27pm PST 
&And there are also fine made "norweger" style harnesses by Hurtta comp.Harness could be ordered with side rings too. I used to had one for skijoring a year before. Light, durable and comfortable for dog. Unfortunately without side bags. I solve this problem ordering one from Julius and finished up some changes by myself.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/postroj.jpg/

Edited by author Sat Apr 20, '13 7:30pm PST

[notify]
Abigail- (Abby)

Social/Therapy- Dog

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 3:23am PST 
Re: so the harness am talking about is made by lady. She runs her business by email or phone. She has a harness or a pack that can also be for pulling.

harness

pack

Edited by author Mon Apr 22, '13 3:25am PST

[notify]
Tsaile - ADOPTED

An angel clothed- in gold

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 10:27am PST 
Thank you everyone for your support and advice. I actually just ordered a Julius IDC power harnesses with a Chest pad and Y strap for more support when pulling. It'll work for now - but I do really need one with a rigid handle to help me balance so I can walk without loosing my balance.
[notify]
Brady SD

Full steam- ahead.

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 10:31pm PST 
I went with the 8.5" Bridgeport mobility double strap, like Satie's old one on here. For my budget, its beautiful. Handle is good, will take some wear to soften the leather and get it worn in, but it'll work for me for now. No rings for a pull strap but I just attached the strap to the leather of the body of the harness. Now to fit it with a bag for my cane and the necessary doggy gear. Good luck with your new one. smile
[notify]
Tsaile - ADOPTED

An angel clothed- in gold

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 3:44am PST 
Thanks for the good ideas!!!!

For a training harness, I've been looking at the Julius k9 IDC power harness http://www.julius-k9.us/ just to get her use to wearing a harness, and when she's older and ready, light weight baring and pulling. Has anyone used this harness? I do need a rigid handle harness eventually - but right now neither of us are ready for that. My thought is to get a well made but inexpensive harness for now, so I can put money aside to get a nice harness when we're ready to move on to that step.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 10:35am PST 
I am getting a Dog card or I should say I am getting a Bike trailer and turning it in to a Buggy for a Dog to pull. I am going to also have a ID on that for many reasons, mostly for emergency ID though again I use IDs only for "EMERGENTCY." I am also going to put patches on this since I will be going through malls and etc. with it. Traveling and hiking and camping through the summer training for survival stuff. I am training Sadie also for new work too.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3