GO!

How do you address your service dog

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 2:43pm PST 
I have been finding a lot more people then I thought do address their dogs like they were people and it sorta afended me that Cesar did not feel that dogs could not understand a person when the addressed them as a person too. Does it afend you all that talk to your animals like they were people ?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 5:35pm PST 
I am so ex- sighted about seeing another SD in my town that is doing same work as my Sadie.
As well as the same breed it is more frustrating and desturbing as to hear that he is form another town here in maine, and was having trouble with police cause of his breed of choice for his SD.
I told him not to worry and he might want to move to a more supportive town. I gave him the sight info for here cause I wanted him to have a better support system. It was just cool to have seen another dog same breed as sadie doing same work. I asured him that he did not pick the wrong breed as Sadie that there are other of the same breed here on Dogster doing the same kind of work or other work as a SD. I think he will be coming on here.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 10:43am PST 
I have been talking to Sadie that we need to beef up our work and that is why I am getting this Bike trailer. It will really help us a lot I will need to get a lock for the car too. I will not be going in to stores with it cause it will be too big for that.
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri May 17, '13 8:42pm PST 
Are you ever looked at as odd when talking to your SD?
[notify]
Mali

Mali Woo

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 12:00pm PST 
Just recently I was in Walmart with Mali and we were walking in a large group of people, Mali has an affinity for infants. Across the crowd a baby started to cry, she lifted her head to try and see through the crowd and why the baby was crying. I told her to mind her business. A man we were passing got very angry with me because he was sure I had told him to mind his business. No amount of talking could sooth him so I told him sorry and walked off.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 6:36pm PST 
LOL Mali, yeah I can see that happening. I guess I really feel that people just smiling at me when I walk through stores with Sadie I have a tendency to talk to her about the stuff we are looking for, or more that I am looking for since I dout she cares that I have needs lol. Sadie has a tendance to put her nose in to stuff I am looking at I tell her that she needs to stop that. I sometime exsplain in details that people might consider that rude or not nice of her. I also will tell her we need to go down this isle or that isle. Sadie has a tendance sometimes to complain when I stop to long at a sertin area if it is not a place she wants to be or if I am taking to long on a sertin thing. She dose it really loud and I have had people kinda look at me like I am doing something to her or she is hurt. But it is not a hurt sound it is like a; "hurry up MOM!" sound. If the store is a lil stuffy or if she wants something like we are in the pet section cause most the time I am there to get her treats. I let her pick out her own treats if we are in a pet shop. I ask her what she wants and she will tell me, but like most children she often picks things that might be a lil bit more then I have for money. I have to tell her I can't afford that and she pouts the rest of the day and sometimes she pouts longer and get stubern. She is spoil I know but I can't always help it I had to beef her up cause the vet was worried she was a bit under weight and so we filled her with a lot of Pizza lol. She got lots of good food too but for packing on weight I fed her pizza form my Landlords pizza shop. Day old pizza or stuff that is sent back. Hey it works he was very happy at her last check up. I have learned a lil of this and that helps keep her weight up and makes her fur shine
really nice and her dander down too! So I guess that creates a monster of spoiled puppyness.
It is ok she loves her work and she gets good treats when done with her work.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri May 31, '13 3:48am PST 
I have been getting a lot of smiles and LOL when I have been talking to sadie while out and about but you know it seems to help talking to her while we are working together. My angziettie seems less Sadie seems to be more attentive to her suroundings Have you all thought much about that when you talk to your SDs when you are out cause at first I did not cause I have had in the past neg. things form people when I talk to my animals like they were people. Some have even used it against me in serton situations that would be to the fact I was totally NUTS and needed to be put in a pych. hosp. Well I did that anyway so I think I am good too go there. But what do you think have people kinda seemed un-nerved around you or embarrassed to be near you when you are talking to your SD?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 11:39am PST 
I spend time with Sadie and as you all DAH ... yeah well AS I did start this post and
I do talk to her like she was a person but most in my family I find do it too.
I did not realize so till now that they do this are you aware of family that do that?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 3:21pm PST 
Now I feel like I have to talk to sadie about everything and everyone is thinking I am nuts I am thinking to they humor me HOW ABOUT YOU ?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 2:06pm PST 
I love hearing these stories about how you address your SD cause I feel better that I am not as weird as most people think I am or as I thought I was myself. I find a lot of people talk to sadie as though she was a person most like to talk baby talk but I am ok with that too.
On here I feel I can say or post things I am conserned about and not so much worry that I am going to be critasized though I try not to critasize other too.
I just want to bring new subjects in to this forum or website ....
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3