GO!

Saw another service dog today.....

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 4:45pm PST 
Wow Mali, that's really scary! A Great Dane is a very large dog to not have control over! You are very lucky....that could've ended badly. I'm learning that I don't want any strange dog getting close to Chey, it's just not worth it.
[notify]
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 4:53pm PST 
Polly, it was an older looking German Shepherd, graying muzzle. She had a service dog harness on, that anyone can buy on Amazon. Made by Dean and Tyler. Otherwise the dog seemed well behaved, so maybe it was just getting older and crabby? I don't know, but I'm staying away from all other dogs, from now on. I'm lucky that there was no one behind us in line and I was able to back up! Very scary and I hope to never see that handler/dog team again!
[notify]
Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 6:16pm PST 
Is is scary...Polly was attacked once by a pet dog. a jack russell, he was like a wild monster. Polly got over it and still works, but I do keep away for other teams I think it is safer smile
I am glad that a fence kept that dane at bay wow!
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 5:50pm PST 
Sometimes I am excited to see another SD (cause I don't see many) I saw one just a few weeks ago though, It was walk on the street out side the window. Sadie did not see it and I am sorta glad that she did not cause she has taken to barking at other dogs she sees outside passing by our place.
I just don't want her to get in to doing that more then she already has. Another reason why I don't take her out much right now cause she has been setting for a while at home with no social contact.
She dose well with other dogs face to face, but it has been a lil over whelming for me as of late and my problem with disoceation problem is a lil hard for me to get out of my own brain. I have PTS and General ang. The symtoms are hard to exsplain.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 6:30pm PST 
I have commented about this a couple times I know but I am happy to say that I have had all good exspeances on coming one to or seeing other SDs.
[notify]
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 12:51pm PST 
Thanks for sharing Sadie! This was my only bad encounter... It just scared me because I keep hearing about others' SD getting attacked and then the SD ends up having to retire due to...I guess you would say emotional issues. I've learned to just be very careful!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2