GO!

Service Dog Law Orientation

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 10:16am PST 
I was thinking about doing some SD orietations in my area for stores etc.. since they are always telling me about the fake dog problems and such.

I was thinking about making a handout and talking to groups of employees and maybe charge a small fee, 50 or 100. I am not able to work, and this could educate, give me something to do and earn a little money

Any thoughts??
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 3:48pm PST 
I don't see any reason you shouldn't. I like it when businesses know the law. It makes my life much easier.
[notify]
Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 4:26pm PST 
I am thinking about it...I could use the money to buy a bold lead harness for Polly dog
[notify]

Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 5:17am PST 
I think it sounds like a wonderful idea. If I had the energy I'd do it around here. I'd love to hear how it goes, I could swear that businesses (at least around here) are required to have a poster up about service dogs and the law but that doesn't mean anyone's ever read it, including management.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 10:15am PST 
I think it is a good idea but worried that some may miss interpet it and cause issues for letgit SD teams. That has happen a few times. I fear of going places some times when I think I am going to be confronted and I have a letgit SD.
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 6:03am PST 
Whar are your concerns specifically about misinterpretation, Sadie? What part of the law do you find that is misinterpreted by gate keepers? If it is something that is often misunderstood by the public, perhaps it would help Polly to know.
[notify]