GO!

SD laws NC?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Bear and- Bandit

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 6:30pm PST 
Does anybody know about registering a SD with the state/towns in NC? We just moved here from Cali (Bandit was registered there) and when I went to animal control, they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Does anybody have any suggestions?
[notify]
Cooper

microscopic mutt

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 7:29pm PST 
California's statewide SD/SDiT licensing is unique, as far as I know. The state laws for North Carolina are here:

http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusncguidedoglaws.htm

Hope that helps!
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 8:19pm PST 
First off welcome to NC there are a lot of handlers in the state, depending on what area you're in. Generally AC is just about useless for registration issues. If you'd like to message me I can point you to other handlers in the state, perhaps even handlers in your area.

Here's a link to the form you need.
[notify]

Maddox

Captain Three- Legs

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 9:30pm PST 
Hi there, Maddox and I are in NC. What part of NC are you in?
[notify]
Bear and- Bandit

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 8:27am PST 
Thanks for the responses, everyone! We just moved to Swansboro, NC, outside of Camp Lejeune. Where are you al from?
[notify]
Maddox

Captain Three- Legs

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 2:11pm PST 
We are located in Pittsboro, NC. Kind of on the opposite side of the state from you. xD Maybe Happy is closer.
[notify]
Mali

Mali Woo

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 2:19pm PST 
Welcome to NC, Mali and I are in a small town in between Hickory and Boone.

I have not had a lot of trouble with the city or state. I have ahd a little trouble with companies, but I have always been backed up by the city when that happened.
[notify]