|Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 8:59pm PST |
|Chief and I do lots of happy trick fun - he's getting really good..
We go through parts of his repertoire daily, add a few new things here and there, go into more detail with others, change old ones, add distance, length, etc.. He likes variety and so do I.
I had to make a list of things we have been working on so far - it turned out to be quite long......
in random order:
1. basics, such as sit, stay, settle, heel, align, keep going, turn about, stand, come, go, wait, come on..
3. nudge (ball with nose or any other item to make it move)
4. leave it
5. open and get the pouch for the meds
6. push (opening doors)
7. close (doors or drawers)
8. gimmie (items into my hand)
9. dunk it (items into a bowl)
10. chest (resting in a "settle" on my chest for seizures)
11. calm (on my lap calmly and quietly)
12. button (bottom door buttons and other fun buttons to push)
13. knock it over (items, slamming doors, kicking legs.. with his front paws)
15. high fife
17. ledge (open ledges - baaaad idea)
19. weaving (legs and poles and arms)
20. socks (undressing in general - socks is just an example)
21. check (looking into the direction I ask him to by putting my fingers to my ear as a cue for left and right)
22. interrupting/alerting to the lip smacking
23. interrupting biting my cuticles
24. making sure I take my meds, by following a certain routine, which includes "touch" my leg until I take the meds and turn off the phone alarm)
25. watch (me)
26. shame *new* putting his nose inbetween his front paws and look awfully miserable
27. hide *new* (hiding a small item under his front paws by holding it like a squirrel holds a nuts - freaking cute!)
28. hold (holding an item in his mouth until released - he frequently carries them when asked, now)
29. picking up items, such as the leash, keys, shoes, socks, ...... by name.
30. tail (holding his tail) *new*
31. dig (digging on command)
32. sniff his own butt (funny) *new*
33. lift leg on command and not peeing!
34. count (barking) *new*
35. over and under and around (dogs, chairs, fence,....)
36. up and down
37. ramp (going up and down ramps by himself)
38. teeter (-board)
39. such (search items and Hendrik)
40. find exit, restroom, quiet spot
41. get the ball (hand retrieve)
42. on my back (jumps on my back)
43. crossing front legs
wow* that's a lot! he is really great at some and flaky at others. But altogether he does really well.....
Great I got the list now or else I would forget
Does anyone else like to do tricks with their dogs?
It's really fun and helps with the task training big time
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|