|Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 3:31pm PST |
|A few months back I lost my fiancee, Josh and my left-hand man Terrowin in a late-night collision with a drunk driver. I was in the hospital at the time after a surgery on my leg and Josh was bringing Terrowin to be with me for the night. Understandably I've gone back to living with my parents because after the surgery I was physically unable to do everything for myself and mentally ... well that wasn't happening either. I haven't left the house / yard, except to go to the hospital, since then even after I was cleared to drive again.
I miss the freedom I used to have with Terrowin and though I feel absolutely horrid about even thinking about getting another partner I know it can't go on like this. I feel safer at home but I miss being able to go to the library or the store without the fear of something happening and no-one being able to help me. So, (slightly reluctantly) I'm looking for a new breed / mix of breeds to partner with in the coming months.
A little about what I'm looking for:
- Obviously, I'm looking for a PSD.
- I highly prefer larger dogs. We never go out to eat and don't fly / take the bus so "place to put the dog" isn't really an issue.
(I remember someone on here having a Newfi as an SD but I can't remember their name atm I was contemplating one and was curious about what they are like as SD's)
- Though I like Poodles I'd prefer a dog that I wouldn't have to bring to the grooming salon to get clipped every few weeks.
- Don't want a "Pit Bull" or Pittie-like dog. I have nothing particularly against them but don't want to make more access problems for myself than necessary.
- I love me a good old Hound Dog.
I don't know. I'm still fairly newish to the SD thing (about 3 years now) and there's a ton of people a lot more experienced than me on these matters and for many of you old timers on the forum ... I respect your opinion on things a lot. I know many people post "What breed should I get topics" but I don't want to "steal" someone's topics with my own questions :/
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|