GO!

Template for ID card?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Marley

CGC

Barked: Sat May 3, '08 4:31pm PST 
Hey! I am looking for the Template for making a SD ID card. I can't find it anywhere...I thought Sabrina posted it on the site. If anyone has one, please let me know.
Thanks

Edited by author Tue Jun 3, '08 1:38pm PST

Approved by forums moderator
Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Sat May 3, '08 5:26pm PST 
Templates

This is where I got Barkley's ID card. The Service dog templates have ADA information on the back so it is really cool.
[notify]
Marley

CGC

Barked: Sat May 3, '08 6:50pm PST 
Are there any templates that you can just make on your own computer?

Thanks!
[notify]

Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Sat May 3, '08 10:32pm PST 
Scooter's "Dad" is handy with photoshop. Scooter and Bretta's new cards have a medical symbol embedded in the background. We've got both the English version as well as a Hangul (Korean) version. The English version has the ADA info with the DOJ number on the back.

Here is how they look. Note we did black out out some stuff for this example. The big black sections on the bottom contain his chip numbers as a bar code(but you can still read them).

Scooter's English Language ID

We then used some basic laminating stuff to finish it out. Since I have to carry both, I've got a hard ID case that they both fit in attached to his leash so I can turn it either way depending on who I'm dealing with over here. (Yes, over here, we have to use it a lot. Makes us very thankful for how good we have it when we are at home in the States.)
[notify]
Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 5:26am PST 
Go to avery.com and download business card template for word. Then type it up as you like and print on a business card sheet
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 6:07am PST 
Is this what you're talking about? The info is a touch outdated-- I don't have the third question on the back of the card but it's easy enough to add it yourself.

I don't show my ID to gain access, but I do carry it with me in case we are in a situation where I might want to show it-- like if I need to ride in an ambulance and they're being wierd, or if I want the police to help me and they won't unless I show an ID etc.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 6:42am PST 
All guide dogs in training in the UK wear their vest and harness when out (which say "Guide Dog in Training") - is that not the same in the US?
[notify]
SHADOW - RIP 14 June- 2014

BORN TO SERVE

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 7:58am PST 
Sabrina, I thought those were the only 2 questions you could ask.. What is the third? When I told the VA the rules about Service Dogs the only thing I gave them showed the two on the card and nothing else..
[notify]
Gracie - In Loving- Memory

Service with a- Smile! : )

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 8:18am PST 
You are welcome to use our ID as a referance as well.

Art By Tracey and Gracie's K-9 Helpers

blue dogblue dog

Edited by author Sun May 4, '08 8:26am PST

[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 8:33am PST 
The third question (and this is due to court rulings on the ADA) is What type of service does the dog preform? Of course, the answer to this question can be a bit tricky as in order to get access you should not have to reveal the nature of your disability per the ADA. So you can describe the general class of service dog (ie alerts to a medical condition) without saying which medical condition for example.

In the US, service dogs are not required to wear vests or show identification to gain access to public places. Most do wear vests or other identifying harness or gear to make their lives easier ("don't pet" patches help out a lot with the general public for example!). But it's not required. This has been helpful to me and a few others who have accidentally forgotten gear at home, or been out on a for-fun walk not expecting to have to go into a store, or who have had to rush off in an emergency without having time to grab gear. And many handlers do have ID cards, but I generally don't show mine because showing an ID card to a gatekeeper often makes them expect the next team to also have one and I don't want to make it harder on the next team.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3