GO!

My friend is in the hospital! I want to visit her!

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Fri Mar 31, '06 3:50pm PST 
I hope my mom can find a way I can visit my human friend... Her name is Elana and she is 5 years old, she is in the hospital and she is going to be having open heart surgery... frown
She loves dogs and loves me! Here are some photos of us:
me and Elana
getting a hug!

I want to visit her but I don't know if the humans will allow it...
I am a therapy dog but the organizations I am with don't go to visit this hospital... HOWEVER another therapy dog group which I used to train with and took the TDInc test with a long time ago do visits there there. I do have certification with 3 therapy dog groups and also ATTS temperament testing and DSA test and a health certificate...but I don't have membership with the group that visits that hospital.

My mom wants to ask them if there is any way I can go to that hospital and visit my friend because she knows it will make Elana very happy... But my mom isn't sure how to ask them.
[notify]
Tåla- (Tola) TD- CGC

Happy Happy Joy- Joy

Barked: Fri Mar 31, '06 5:40pm PST 
I hope all goes well for Elana. I think you should have Elana mom talk to the therapy dog organization first. %)
[notify]
bubbles

bella is the- original dogster- diva!

Barked: Fri Apr 7, '06 7:18pm PST 
call the hospitals volunteer services and just explain the situation and give them all of your credentials. good luck!
[notify]