GO!

HELP! Someone was very very rude to us!

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 65)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Abby - In Memory

My Beloved Angel

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '05 9:09am PST 
There are tons of subsidiaries to the Dept of Justice, but when mommy pulled up the Americans with Disabilities Act, they referred to the Dept of Justice in Washington, DC, so here is the email:

E-mails to the Department of Justice, including the Attorney General, may be sent to:

AskDOJ@usdoj.gov

E-mails will be forwarded to the responsible Department of Justice component for appropriate handling. Before sending e-mail, please read our Privacy Policy for details about how we handle personal information.

Good luck and don't give up!!!!
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '05 12:12pm PST 
Wow... just wow...
I just read **most** of this thread and I am simply appalled. I guess I never thought that there might be places that would not welcome a service dog. Just never occured to me for some reason...

I can't believe the people in that restaurant were so incredibly rude to you.
I can't believe your struggle to get some justice and this issue recognized is taking such great effort and is so seemingly fruitless and difficult.

I hope your efforts don't go unnoticed and you hear back from all those you tried to contact with some good news.
Best of luck to you, keep on fighting!!!
[notify]
Pepper

Daddy's Little- Girl

Barked: Wed Dec 21, '05 11:09am PST 
Hi, Pepper's step-mom here -

I just read the ENTIRE ordeal and I must say that that's such a crock. My boyfriend had a service dog, bless her heart, and he took her everywhere that he went, all the time, and no one ever gave him any grief over it. It's a shame that it can't be like that everywhere.
This reminds me of how much Pepper is missed - my boyfriend has neurological issues and she alerted him to problems and helped him get back up if he took a fall. We've been without her since February now, and while he sort of needs another pup since he's been having a bad time alone, he refuses to bond like that after Pepper. =(
[notify]

Dodger Doodlenski

Are we gonna- learn something- new yet?

Barked: Wed Dec 21, '05 2:41pm PST 
Well everyone my mom called the DOJ and got told it typically takes about 3 months just to process a claim so she is still waiting. They told her she should get a letter in the mail.
[notify]
Socrates

Wisdom doesn't- have to be- advertized!

Barked: Thu Dec 22, '05 2:03pm PST 
I'm very sorry that you were treated like that. I was so upset I had to go to your page to see where you lived because if it was anywhere near my home...I definitely would have made a point to never go to that place. I'm glad that your mommy is going through channels and making a deal out of this.
I thought everyone knew about the service dog law by now and to holler to the other diners and humiliate your mommy was just evil. I hope the other diners made sure that she didn't get any tips that night!
[notify]
  (Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 65)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7