GO!

Anticipatory Grief...

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 12:43pm PST 
Here's my take on spending a life with a dogs. The beginning is exciting, the middle a blast the end sucks. When I lost Turner it was pretty sudden and I didn't have time to "prepare" myself for him not being here. It was hard, and I still cry because I miss him. But I know his spirit is here with me. I agree with Dahlia - pictures, loads of them. Take time to just sit with your pup and enjoying "being". I sit for long periods with Grunt and Darcy, we're very content just enjoying each other's company.

hughughug's to you, we do understand how you feel.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 8:53pm PST 
I understandhug
I catch myself tearing up watching Sabi scramble to get up, and my heart cracks a little more everytime she stumbles. I cannot imagine my world without her. She owns my soul.
But understand that it hurts them when we hurt. Treasure every second, every kiss, every nudge and every single second of togetherness. And ask yourself if you would trade away any moment of your time together to bypass the pain of losing her. I wouldn't and I know you wouldn't either.
[notify]
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 7:53am PST 
Sabi I agree completely with your words. I can not express how much it hurt me knowing that Maggie was on borrowed time. I had days where I couldnt look at her because I was too heart broken to know that she was dying. I thought I was prepared to see her last day come. I never dreamed that she was going to cross the bridge while I was away from home. Today makes it one week since she passed away and the other dogs are sad. I spend hours with them but I still miss my girl. Maggie was so special and so rotten but I wonder if there is something wrong with me because I am glad in a lot of ways that her suffering is over. It doesnt mean that I dont love her still it just means that I am glad that she isnt going through her seizures and that her brain is ok once more.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2