GO!

How many older dogs wander off to die alone to spare their humans the pain of seeing them die?

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 9:07am PST 
We arent sure if Maggie did this or if she is just out running but our husky Maggie has vanished. We have searched all over town and have made posters to put up hoping that someone has seen her. But she has been acting a little strange since around Christmas when someone let her out of her kennel. We found her about 100 yards from a main highway near a horse barn. I have read stories of dogs who have wandered off to die and I just wonder if maybe she could have done that. we dont know exactly how old she is but we are worried about her.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 9:38am PST 
No, dogs DO NOT have the mental capacity to even comprehend something like that.
It sound to me like you need less dogs AND better fences!!
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 10:20am PST 
The real question should be why your dogs even have the choice to wander off whenever they please. I hope this one isn't intact too...
[notify]

y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 11:19am PST 
i don't know of any cause i don't really know people whose dogs have access to just wander off... esp. if we're talking about old, or critically sick animals who can be contained relatively easily.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 11:26am PST 
Per Maggie's dogster page her pet peeve is letting herself out of her kennel and into the house.
Surprise, she ran away!!!
Furthermore, I for one do not consider a 6 year old dog, particularily a husky, old or senior by ANY means

Edited by author Sun Jan 29, '12 11:29am PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 1:11pm PST 
Toto,
I really didn't check her age but I agree completely. Six is in no way a senior dog. According to everything I have ever read ages One to Seven are considered the prime of their lives. Considering this posters track record of three Oops! outings of females in heat resulting in at least one litter of puppies (that we are aware of) and now considering a 6 year old dog a senior and allowing it to run loose and get lost? I am beginning to wonder more and more if this is someone who should be reported to animal control for neglect of their pets or just someone who needs to create drama in hopes of getting attention/pity from the Dogster community and our desire to help others do the best they can for their pets. I think for myself I will recheck this persons pet profiles and just no longer answer any post by any of their pets listed. I have enough drama in my own real life to concern myself with someone who either has no real concern for their pets or makes things up to get attention. If this post is "bathed" so be it.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 2:54pm PST 
I do not know any human selfish enough to NOT be there when a beloved animal needs to pass.
Bath, schmath, the OP never comes back after posting these provocative threads any way.
[notify]
Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 3:03pm PST 
There seems to be a lot of drama surrounding your pets & their home environment. Perhaps it's time to find them all good homes that can care for them properly, protect them from harm, and keep them contained.

I agree-six is not a senior dog.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 3:14pm PST 
However, Doc, she might have made a run for it???thinking
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 3:26pm PST 
Toto.. big laugh
[notify]