GO!

Going deaf

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 21)  
1  2  3  
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 8:36pm PST 
Just wanted to say that I feel Sanka is going down this road too.

I've been noticing it little by little, although he's always taken to ignoring me, so it was hard to tell.laugh out loud

But, I went on a hike with Kato and left the Sankster at home. Usually, when I open this side door when we get back, Sanka wakes up and prances right on over....but he didn't do that.

I then shut the door...he didn't stir. I then opened our gait, which squeaks...he didn't move. Then shut the latch, which makes a distinct clicking noise...nothing.

Kato then ran up the deck like a baby elephant, clanked around, his tags were jingling. I then walked up the steps of the deck, pet Kato, baby talked him...Sanka still did not wake.

I then peered into his doghouse and whispered his name. I didn't want to startle him. He STILL did not wake. I was getting worried. I truly thought he was dead. I mean, how can he not wake after all of this noise.

I said his name a few more times, louder and louder each time until finally, he woke up with a look of shock on his face to see me there.

I used to have to leave a kong for Sanka to distract him if I wanted to go on hikes with just Kato. Now, I can open the squeaky door, have Kato clambered inside, and never wake Sanka.

Poor old guy. I know he can't see well either. He's not deaf, and he's not blind, but those senses sure aren't what they used to be.

Edited by author Fri Dec 9, '11 8:38pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 21)  
1  2  3