GO!

Scotty's and other dogs.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Angie

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '07 10:02am PST 
Since my mutt Pandy passed away my scottie seems lonely. I was thinking of getting another pet. Do you think another Scotty or can you suggest some other kind of pet.
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '07 8:56pm PST 
I am not sure how Angie's personality is. But Allee my scottie has the strong terrier traits. Bama our dachshund keeps to himself a lot but Brodie our bulldog and her play like crazy. However, Allee wants things her way and if she is in my lap wanting my attention or resting and Brodie even looks her way she will growl or pull on the lose skin on his face!! Luckily Brodie is tough and NEVER gets mad at anything or they probably would fight. Bama and her play when Brodie is in his kennel. Bama is just intimidated by their rough play!

I am just not too sure if i could see Allee with another 'terrier' dog b/c i think they might clash. She has a strong sense of wanting things her way and can be a bit snappy with other doggies at times. But that all depends on your doggies personality. B/c there are plenty of people with more than one scottie.

Edited by author Thu Apr 5, '07 8:59pm PST

[notify]
macduff

football crazy

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 10:57am PST 
cheersorry to hear about your loss. you probably have another dog by now. i have a scottie called mac who is 2 years old. his little sister is a jack russell called eilidh, she is one. they get along famously and we have never had anything closely resembling a fight. they play box of course and chase each other all over the place. but we trust them alone together inplicitly. love and woofs
[notify]

Thandiwe

Don't touch me- I'm famous!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '08 4:56am PST 
My Scottie Tandi gets along like a house on fire with her brother mackey; who despite being three times her size; does as he's toldsmile

Scotties are such hardy little things that she take all the rough play with him and gives as good as she gets!!
[notify]
Riley

I run this- place!

Barked: Wed Jan 7, '09 11:19pm PST 
lol, scotties want things there way, especially if not raised around other dogs from the begining... they can be socialized with some work though. this is not an overnight thing though, but scotties make the best companions in my opinion! our little riley is really a treat to have around.
[notify]