GO!

clowns

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '07 6:26pm PST 
Who else has a scottish terrier who is just a big clown/comedian???

My Allee girl is sooo funny. She has a lot of quirks. She watches TV and never fails to notice an animal even if it's on a cartoon and then proceeds to jump in front of the TV and go crazy.

If i blow on her ear she hates it and bites me right on the end of the nose everytime. Not hard but it's funny.

If the other dogs have something she wants she'll rub her face all over the couch (like they do after a bath) and whine and howl almost like she's trying to talk.

I could go on and on but i'd love to hear your scottie's quirks.

Edited by author Sat Mar 17, '07 6:27pm PST

[notify]
My Only Girl- Zoe

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '07 8:03pm PST 
We Scotties each have our own special personalities. Ozzy is very much a boy. He always has a watchful eye on everything. He is a good natured lover. He loves to hog the chew toys. It is hard not to laugh when mom is telling him he needs to share. Zoe (me) is the Queen bee around here. When Ozzy and Maggie are frapping and wrestling around, I am the spectator or cheerleader. I am the loudest one when we all are playing. Maggie is a sweet hippie..very fun loving and laid back. Maggie would lay in bed with you all day of you would let her...she must have a steel bladder! LOL Maggie is mom's constant shadow and loves to be held and lays in her lap when mom watches t.v. or reads. If you go to our dogster sites mom has added a video of us playing. You will see mouthy, little me trying to get into the act. LIFE IS GRAND! Aarooooooo!
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '07 2:54pm PST 
Yeah Allee tends to try to hog EVERYTHING! I will give them all 3 a chew thing or toy and she tries to get them all to herself.

She loves to be in my lap and Brodie our bulldog can just look her way and she show them teeth like she could eat him alive.

Edited by author Mon Mar 19, '07 2:56pm PST

[notify]

Mr Duffy- McDuff CSE- CGC

I love- the dog- park!

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '07 6:48pm PST 
wave Hi You guys! Duffy here .... I LOVE to play. Play, play, play. When my brother the cat gets tired of playing chase the cat, I like to bring Mom a stuffed toy and we play tug, or if I can't immediately find my toys I will settle for a scrap of paper. Boxes are good too ... have you ever killed a box or magazines and paperbacks. Heaven!! Oh, another thing that is wild is to play chase the red dot. It comes from some kind of thing mom holds in her hand. Waaaaay cool! Also be sure to check the bathroom trash can cuz there might be this little hollow cardboard bones from the toilet paper in there. They are great too. Hey, how long does it take you to get all the stuffing out of a new toy? I can do it in 10 or 15 minutes!! When Mom gives me tummy rubs I like to lick the air ... can't help it. I don't know if I am a talking Scottie or not but I always arooooo fairly loud when I yawn. Also, if I don't know you very well, I don't like for you to pet me until I decide it is OK or I will duck my head away. Usually it is OK but I have to be the one to decide. And I concentrate really hard on something and I just can't get it out of my mind ... if I am doin something, I'm gonna do it. Mom can try to distract me but a Scottie's gotta do what a Scotties gotta do. Just try to not let your Mommy know what you are doing and if you have a brother of sister maybe they will get blamed teeheehee. Hmmmm... now I am wondering what else is normal for us Scotties!
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Wed Mar 28, '07 6:39pm PST 
Yeah they are definately determined to do what they wanna do, no matter what.
[notify]
Mackie

Beetle Bear

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 11:38am PST 
Our Scottie can watch TV too!! She always notices the animals and goes crazy - even if the sound is not up. Also, she goes bonkers over motorcycles - hates them . . .when we lived in Austin, TX, we knew another scottie and he hated the UPS truck - would go wild when it would come into the neighborhood. Scotties are definitely quirky!
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '07 1:08pm PST 
yeah now allee has started to nibble on my nose when i kiss her but i think its her way of saying i love u
[notify]
Riley

I run this- place!

Barked: Wed Jan 7, '09 11:17pm PST 
lol, little riley is hilarious, he knows when there is any kind of animal on the tv, and he can some how differentiate between human and animal, he is so funny when he sees an animal on tv, he starts wining, and if it starts making a noise, or is on the tv to long, he starts his little aroooooing... it is the cutest and funiest thing ever. we practive arooooing excersises with him too, this lets him know he is part of the pack and he can howl with us, this is a great bonding excersice for terriers, especially scotties... it really makes them feel a part of the "pack"
[notify]
lavender- butterfly

Crazy-burst of- energy out of- nowhere!

Barked: Wed Apr 8, '09 11:17am PST 
I know it's been a while since the last post but i wanted to respond. I have a crazy little scotty, Lavender Butterfly, she has the biggest personality i have ever seen in a dog!
The aroo thing you are talking about is that yawning or something else.Well when Lavender wakes up she always does the same thing EVERYTIME. She stretches front legs first, then back legs and she may even drag her back legs for a few seconds, then she will yawn, very loudly, it is the weirdest sound i have ever heard a dog make. It is almost like a high pitched sigh...
She also acts extremely crazy when playing soccer. She has a purple butterfly soccer ball that she "kicks" around with her front paws and she can do this for about an hour before needing a break. lol.
Just wanted to add to the scotty "clown" stories.
[notify]