GO!

Not sure what we are!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 9:27am PST 
Hi guys!
We just adopted a puppy, she was found under a deck with her brother and sister. They said she was part lab, but didn't know the other half. She has the exact markings of a st. Bernard and the same fur. We have both had dogs our whole lives but not sure what we got ourselves into. She's super playful and loves our pug we have now, but just not sure if she really is a st Bernard mix. Any suggestions?
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 12:29am PST 
First thing to remember, is that saints come in both a smooth coat (aka short hair) and rough coat (long hair). They also have a characteristic skull structure similar to a mastiffe with a prominent forehead, a very square look. In their adolescence, they will look slightly like a calf with their back legs longer than their front, then grow into them. To be a true saint, their coloring will only be 2 colors, generally red and white or dark red/brown and white,(with the exception of the facial mask as black). They are a very sweet loving breed that love water and snow. My saints are very prone to ear infection from frequent swims in our ponds on our property. Their feet are very large and designed for life in snow. I really hope this helps, and if you do have a saint, love that baby with all your heart and they will be the most loyal creature you have ever come across smile
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 2:01pm PST 
Post a pic.
[notify]