GO!

10yr old rottie with large mass behind stomach

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '12 7:28pm PST 
Blood results were perfect-she is completly healthy besides mass. The vets don't know anything about it. Xray showed it. Getting ultra sound ties but I have a feeling they will say to operate b/c they wont have any good info from ultra sound. Would you put her through surgery??
10 years old. 11 in June. She pukes sometimes during eating but not everyday. Should I leave mass alone? Can they asperate it(stick needle through her and suck cells out of it)
so torn right now
any opinions or stories are greatly appreciated. Thanks
[notify]
Pookie - R.I.P.

Don't disturb- the Princess

Barked: Tue May 22, '12 2:58pm PST 
just curious if you did get a response from anyone about this? my friend has a 14 year old Rott who's peeing blood, weak, does not go up and down on the stairs on her own for a while now(she has to be carried) and sleeps a lot. She's recently unemployed so money is an issue...took her to a vet who did an xray for no charge and said she has a large mass and it's presssing up on her colon. they did not do any blood test. They sent her home with a pain med and anitbiotic. the rott is doing ok, stable for now. but i have a feeling the dog will not last very long and she's in denial. what did you find out about your dog??
[notify]
C.J.

I'm a lover, not- a fighter!

Barked: Sun May 27, '12 4:51pm PST 
I lost my first Rottie to CA. He was almost 3 weeks shy of his 10th birthday when he died. From the time he was diagnosed with cancer till the day he died, about 8 months, he was happy and really LIVED life. He had pain meds when he needed it, but that was all. His BAD time, at the end, lasted about 8-12 hours till we could get him to the vet to ease him out of this life.
The path you choose to take with your dog is entirely up to you. Good luck to you!
[notify]