GO!

Am I a Rhodesian?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Roxie

Barked: Mon Mar 1, '10 11:49pm PST 
My mom just got me 2 days ago from a friend that found me running the streets, my mom would like to talk to you now. Hi this is mom, i think she is Rhodesian Hound mix with the head profile and the ears and the rust colored coat that looks like all the other ridgebacks i have looked at. I am guessing she is mixed with hound because her tail curls up into a perfect C when she has it up, which is all the time. Can anyone give me some help and maybe some coformation.
[notify]
Penny

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 8:08am PST 
I also have the same problem. I just recently adopted my girl Penny from a rescue and have been told by the vet that she believes she's a Rhodesian Ridgeback x but no one can figure out what she is crossed with. Some people have suggested Beagle, Lab, Pit Bull...but she is really short also so maybe even daschund?

Thoughts???
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 1:40pm PST 
Roxie, I think you look a lot like a Ridgeback. The hair and the face seem just right. I've heard that Ridgeback's tails are almost always down, so definitely might be a mix, but you look a lot like our neighbor's purebred Rhodesian Ridgeback.

Our Bella is a mix, but has similar markings and some really common Ridgeback behaviors. I really like the Rhodesian Ridgeback facebook page, some great pictures of purebred and mixed ridgebacks.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2