GO!

long lasting & safe chews?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Tue Dec 31, '13 8:40am PST 
You're not going to find much that will safely last a full year. Deer antlers are about it, unless you want to assume the risks of marrow bones. I suppose certain Nylabones might too.

I honestly wouldn't want a chew that lasted more than a week or two. That's an invitation to bacterial growth. I regularly wash my treat-dispensing toys for that reason.

As far as finding retailers, if you go to the website of the brand you're looking at, most will have a button to "find retailers" or "find near you" that allows you to search by zip code.

Of your brands:

Dogswell vitallity.
Natural Balance. *LIT treats*
Red Barn.
Natural Balance-Healthy bones.

Not really reputable companies or quality ingredients. I won't -not- feed Natural Balance if I get it free, but I would never pay for it. Red Barn I'd have to look in to. I'm not fond of their treat rolls at all since they're just loaded with sodium, but I'm not familiar with all their products.

You could not pay me to give my dogs anything from Dogswell.
[notify]
Terry

Barked: Tue Dec 31, '13 11:16am PST 
Soo. i will go with elk antlers and kongs. some refilled bones once in a while.

The same day i do laundry i will wash their toys too.

I also don't like none of those companies,they are just loaded with carbs like potatoes and yams,sugar,salt,etc.

i would better buy online,the brand i will get treats from Nature's variety,the freeze dried ones.

in the meantime i will make my own by fridge drying them,i already did so once but the rack's holes are too big i need to buy another one.
[notify]
Spuds "The- Angel Potato- Head"

Thinking of my- pal Troop!!

Barked: Wed Jan 8, '14 7:52pm PST 
We get bully sticks from Bestbullysticks.com All USA product, and no additives, they also have many other chew items. Be careful of bully sticks from stores, some are from China.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jan 9, '14 1:45am PST 
you should use a Dog Squeaker Toy. Squeaky toys are very usual among dogs attributable to several reasons however the foremost crucial and necessary reason is that the concept of capturing and tearing down a rubberized prey in conjunction with a squeak has an avid attractiveness of all its own to most of the dogs. the character of the squeak additionally provides a bearing.
[notify]
Harley

Mommy. Mommy!- Whatcya doin'- Mommy?!

Barked: Thu Jan 9, '14 7:43am PST 
Harley is teething and we soak her rope toys in water and then throw them in the freezer for a couple hours before bed time. They freeze up and turn into nice teething rings / chew toys. Not sure if that's an option or if t just works with Harley since she's still a puppy.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2