GO!

Chicken feet

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 7:50am PST 
This weekend my dad was ordering chickens & turkeys from a local farmer and I told him to ask if they had any chicken feet. big grin 5lbs for $5! The girls were very excited when I brough that big bag in last night.

I thawed two overnight and they were dancing for breakfast as they've never had raw chicken feet before. I hold RMBs for my girls since Jewel won't eat them if I don't (she had issues) and Jem's an excited puppy that will just swallow things!!

They both started on the leg and left me holding the toes so of course everytime they pulled a tendon those toes flexed in my hand. Ugh I was so glad I hadn't eaten yet.

The things I do for my dogs...
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Wed Oct 30, '13 9:31am PST 
Eww. So glad Max respects feet and I have only seen that from afar. Sort of surprised he doesn't get freaked out by his meal moving like that!

I have played keep away with rabbit heads to get him interested in grabbing and crunching them though.
[notify]
Lily and- Moira

Happy Birthday- to us!!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 30, '13 8:54pm PST 
The more you feed raw, they less grossed out you become. Dancing chickie feet are cute.
[notify]

Lily and- Moira

Happy Birthday- to us!!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 30, '13 8:55pm PST 
Whoops. red face

Edited by author Wed Oct 30, '13 8:56pm PST

[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Thu Oct 31, '13 7:44am PST 
Yeah I think I'm doing pretty good, I used to not even be able to touch raw meat without making a face. Now I'm hacking up big moose livers. The chicken feet where the first things in a while that got to me but I'm sure after this 5lbs bag I'll be chill with them too.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Oct 31, '13 7:56am PST 
Sometimes my kitchen counter looks like I am doing an organ transplant. But the dogs love it and thrive on it. Chicken Feet, yeah!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 8:00am PST 
Haha Savy!

I'm super excited because a friend of mine is going to get chickens in the next year or two and when she butchers she's going to have me out so I can get all the odds & ends for my girls. Yum Yum!

I had someone offer to sell me some meat rabbits, she said they weren't big enough yet and I should just keep them in a cage for a few weeks and feed them. Uh, I don't think I could kill a rabbit. shock I'm sure I could chop one up if it was dead & skinned but I don't think I could kill a fuzzie widdle bunny that I had been feeding for weeks!! I'm not there yet. laugh out loud
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 8:27am PST 
I can't feed chicken feet because my girls are allergic, but find duck feet in the international store. They come in a large pack for cheap. Or should I say cheep?

Do you guys trim the nails?
[notify]
Pepper,Littl- e Duke,- KoaKoa

If it's in the- yard, I'll catch- it.

Barked: Mon Nov 4, '13 12:38am PST 
We love chicken feet, we get them for dinner sometimes but mostly for treats. Given frozen and do not clip nails.
Buy from where ever mom can get them dancing
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 6:25am PST 
bump
[notify]