GO!

Introducing Ginger, Maxwell's little sister....

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 33)  
1  2  3  4  
Ginger

Ready Set GO!

Barked: Wed Nov 20, '13 10:29am PST 
We just got home from Ginger's November weigh in. She pulled to the door, wagged her tail and pulled to the scale and sat down when the tech asked her to. Then.... 16.5 pounds!

Last month she lost a good amount and was 17.2 pounds but this month she started whole prey so I was wondering if she ate so much she wouldn't have lost any weight. She has shared 2 chickens so far with Max and even started them as he was baffled by all the feathers. I don't even know how much the chickens weighed but they were smaller egg layers that didn't find new homes when a friend needed to rehome 300 healthy one year old laying chickens, quite sad. I gave the bird to Ginger and as soon as she slowed down I distracted her and gave it to Max. Following day was boneless meat and they finished the chicken up the day after that. I fed inside an exercise pen so neither dog was worried about the other dog.

She also started pre agility a couple weeks ago and was all 'finally what took you so long' and is taking to it like a duck to water. She gets loads of treats during class and I was concerned too many treats.

I really will get a new photo up. Soon.... She still has thick skin over hips and shoulders but I am feeling and seeing a bit of definition between upper front legs and rib cage. Her neck is quite thin now as well.

Don't know what is making me happier, a dog that loved going to the vet or a dog doing so well on her diet!
[notify]
Feather

Just a quick nap- before bed- time!!

Barked: Thu Nov 21, '13 5:46am PST 
That's great news, on both fronts! Sounds like she is turning out to be a great little dog for you. Training is going so well, she even has fun at the Vet!

Can't wait to see her new pictures....

Whole prey with feathers? Hmmmmmmm. Might have to try that with this pack.
[notify]
Ginger

Ready Set GO!

Barked: Sun Dec 15, '13 1:24pm PST 
Finally had a photo shot. She was such a good girl for it too.

Her left eye is runny as she and Max had a disagreement over whether he needed help finishing off his breakfast or not and she got a bit of a nick. Nice start to the day. The best part was it was super stinky stuff, Max spilled it all over the tile floor then both dogs slipped and fell and got it all over themselves. And she didn't get the message, she still wanted to help him out last night and this morning.

Haven't had the monthly weigh in but whether she lost weight or not there were big changes this month. Her neck is skinny, her front is clearly narrower, there is an almost normal amount of definition between front legs and ribs and I think I can feel her hip bones! See the difference on the top views? There sure was a lot of extra Ginger back then!

She seems bouncier too. She can jump on the grooming table which is about 30" tall and made a very nice leap over the laptop onto my lap yesterday.
[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 33)  
1  2  3  4