GO!

hi, new here

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 7:09am PST 
hi, new here. i have 4 older dogs ranging in age from 6 to 14 yrs that i just switched to a raw diet. ive been wanting to try raw for a long time but recently had the courage because three of my dogs had so many health issues that my gut told me it was time for a change. my 6 year newfoundland odin is NOT liking the switch at all. the other three are loving it. I have tried chicken wings, drumsticks, and a pre made raw mix from a butcher, he wont eat any of it. I have tried mixing it with vegetables, fruit and parmesan cheese. He eats all the veggies and fruit -licks off the cheese and walks away. how do I get him on board with the diet switch. I do not want to go back to kibble. Prior to the diet change he was a huge food thief. constantly raiding the garbage and eating anything he could get his mouth on (chapstick, banana peels,etc..) Now he wont touch a thing and hes not even attempting to steal food Help please smile
[notify]