GO!

Where to find good raw recipe?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 8:01pm PST 
Hello! I am a newbie on dogs! As I have cats, I learned that giving raw food is so much better than giving kibbles even it's high quality. Where do you guys find the recipes? I give my cats raw food following this website (http://www.catnutrition.org/recipes.html) is there something similar? Or can I use what I feed my cats and add veggies and oat for my dogs? If yes what will be the proportion? I have no idea what to do! Thanks in advance!!

Oh Pudding is a 4 months Yorkie, malesmile
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 9:20pm PST 
The only recipe I follow is 80% meat, 10% bone, 5% liver, and 5% other secreting organs (prey model raw). If you feed a balanced diet of meat, bone, and organ you don't need to give any fruits, vegetables, grains, ect.

Chance's Beginner's Guide to Prey Model Raw PDF is a great source of information on raw- what meats to feed, how to switch your dog, proportions, supplements, why fruits/vegetables/grains aren't included, how to calculate percentages, which meats count as organs, what kinds of bones are safe, ect. ect. Really just about everything you need to know is all right there. Absolutely the most extensive and accurate guide I've seen on prey model raw.
[notify]
Hank

Is it dinner- time yet?

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 10:27am PST 
Here is my week so you can see what my 5 month old male eats. I feed him twice a day and he eats 3% of what his adult weight will be per day, so I feed Hank a pound a day. I feed him a chicken leg every other day for one meal, Mondays he gets kidneys with one meal, Thursdays he gets liver with one meal. The meats I buy for him are ground beef, pork, turkey, chicken legs, chicken gizzards/hearts and salmon ( I give him some salmon in his meals a few times a week for the omega) hope this helps
[notify]

Crash- Dynamite

Live up to your- Name!

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 3:21pm PST 
Agree with Onyx! smile Welcome
[notify]
Ricky- (Nelson)

Grrrrrrrrrr

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 9:27am PST 
Raw food is a great place to start with when feeding your puppy. A good species appropriate diet will keep your pet much healthier for a much longer time. Do your research and find what works best for you. With a small Yorkie it may be hard to give her a chicken leg to eat, so you may need a meat grinder. The main issues is you have to make sure that you are finding balance within the diet, whether that is over time or a balanced meal every meal. The worst thing that you can do is to feed your pet an unbalanced home made diet. Over time you will see issues arising from improper nutrient balance. Sometimes it can be beneficial to start with a commercially available raw diet such as Stella and Chewy's or Darwin's Natural Pet Foods. Darwin's will deliver to your home most of the time for free and they do personal meal and portion planning. I hope this helps.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jun 10, '13 4:09pm PST 
Thank you so much for all your responsesbig grin
I am from Canada so I couldn't find the brands that you guys suggested.
But I found a made in Canada brand called Pets 4 life and their ingredients are pretty good!
[notify]
Crash- Dynamite

Live up to your- Name!

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 10:31pm PST 
here's my favorite recipe

Buy 1 whole turkey
Let it thaw
have Hubby chop it up
I help to bag it
Store in freezer until needed.
Thaw and serve.

smile happy dance