GO!

Anyone tried FreshPet? Thoughts?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Hank

Is it dinner- time yet?

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 6:17am PST 
Our grocery store just started carrying FreshPet Select for a very reasonable price and I was wondering how it is compared to raw feeding? The ingredients are below to the two they carry..

Beef,vegetable,rice

Ingredients:
Beef, Chicken, Beef Liver, Eggs, Beef Broth, Carrots, Brown Rice, Peas, Rice Bran, Soy Flour, Carrageenan, Salt, Natural Flavors.

Vitamins:
Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid.

Minerals:
Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (min) 10.0%
Crude Fat (min) 6.0%
Crude Fiber (max) 2.0%
Moisture (max) 73.0%
Calorie Content (calculated): 1,318 kcal ME per kg, 300 kcal ME per 1/2 lb.

Chicken, vegetable, rice

Chicken, Eggs, Chicken Liver, Chicken Broth, Carrots, Brown Rice, Peas, Rice Bran, Carrageenan, Salt, Natural Flavors.

Vitamins:
Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid.

Minerals:
Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (min) 10.0%
Crude Fat (min) 6.0%
Crude Fiber (max) 2.0%
Moisture (max) 73.0%
[notify]
Hank

Is it dinner- time yet?

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 6:19am PST 
Oh, it's in coolers in the dog aisle, rolled dog food that you slice and serve...
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 6:36am PST 
Noah really liked it and it was pretty convenient to feed but it also made him very gassy.

You're looking at just the rolls or the Vital bags of food as well? I personally preferred feeding him the Vital.
[notify]

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 6:53am PST 
It isn't raw. Contains some common allergens (specifically soy) and ingredients like salt. I question their processing and would want to know more before I tried feeding it, although it could be ok.

On the whole, if you wanted to go this route, you'd save a lot of money buying cheap meat, adding your own liver, rice, eggs, veggies and a vitamin.
[notify]