GO!

Mixed feelings... Do I or don't I?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 9:59am PST 
Let us know what book you get, too. Some have conflicting information, especially the Australian barf books which are more loose guides and VERY heavy on bone. The advice on this forum is all geared toward prey model raw which is a different beast at 80/10/10 - where as barf is something like 65% raw meaty bones (onus is on chewing chunks off mainly inedible bone) with organ and veggie puree and ratios are never specifically mentioned. This can lead to a lot of confusion!

Ratio will not be a concern in the beginning, only meal size and poop will. At the start as the guides here say it's just bony meat. For a dog Dexter's size and breed my rough guess is that his transitional meal will probably be a chicken quarter a day give or take a few grams but of course weigh him and the food up to be sure!!

Done right this diet is great. I do understand why so many vets veto it though as some people get it just so hideously wrong ... silenced
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 11:40am PST 
As I am reading this I am taking a break from plucking four 8 lb roosters I grew over the Winter. My dogs are all happily outside munching on chicken feet!!! What we do for our dogs!!!!!!!
[notify]
Dexter *CGC- silver*

If it moves - Herd it!

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 12:03pm PST 
Thanks JT, I'll let you know the name of the book when the vet gives me it puppy He did tell me but for the life of me, I can't remember...

Toto laugh out loud You are a very dedicated human! I'll let the butcher do that part for me puppy

I did think of getting my own roosters at one point but with a BC and a PRT, I think it would be a nightmare!!! My aunt has a few and Dexter was constantly trying to herd the poor things and Skip wanted to rip them apart... Roosters being harassed all day by a herding Rees and a hunting breed... I think they'd ask to be killed after a while lol...

I'm still doing my research but the more I read, the more I want Dexter to start eating raw puppy
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 1:44pm PST 
Nope, not dedicated, CRAZY!!! I ONLY wanted hens, NO ROOSTERS, but...
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2