GO!

Vomiting Blood, Should I be concerned?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Shadow

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 8:35am PST 
I feel like I post questions on here too often but you all are so helpful. This morning one of the dogs was making a hacking noise. I don't know how to explain it but when you hear the noise and you know they are trying to get something up. So she threw up some bright red foamy blood and a bone. She doesn't seem to be in pain and she ate a boneless meal this morning. I have been using leg quarters for my bone in-meals, although the bones in the drumstick portion seem to be a bit splintery for my liking. Should I be concerned?
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 3:19pm PST 
I've never experienced bloody vomit with bone in it before. Your dog isn't chewing enough with it being fresh then you should serve the meal frozen.

Jake chews on stuff until it's literally quite nothing but mush and there's splitery bone everywhere but that doesn't seem to bother him. Jake also sometimes gets blood from his onto his chew hooves because they splinter.

If you're concerned I'd contact a veterinarian if it happens again or maybe someone else with more experience in raw will chime in. wishes
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 11:30am PST 
What kind of meals are fed?

I never had this happen before.
[notify]