GO!

How many times?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Emma

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:09pm PST 
How many times a day do you feed your dogs?
I have four dogs.
Two intact male 9 month old coyote hounds(foxhounds)
One almost 2 year old female intact Lab
and a 9 year old spayed female Border Collie
Right now the boys and Patches eat once a day.
Emma(Lab) eats twice a day.
Thanks! Meagan
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:45pm PST 
Juneau and Sasha eat once a day right now. They sometimes have one meal in the morning and another in the evening, kibble/raw or something like that.
Conker currently eats whenever he will, since he's having appetite problems right now. Could be once, twice, three, our even four times a day.
[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:50pm PST 
Once a day in the evening unless it is supposed to be a long active day...then I give a kibble snack in the AM to help wake them up.
[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:26pm PST 
Prior to feeding gorge/fast, I fed once a day in the evening.

Really depends on the dog, but if I could get away with feeding once a day, that's what I'd to do. If the dog did better with twice I'd feed twice, but it wouldn't be my preference.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:29pm PST 
I feed twice a day most of the time. Sometimes I do one big raw meal but most often it's a regular AM/PM feeding schedule.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 6:03pm PST 
Depends on the dog some do better with twice a day and some once a day or once a day and a small snack.

Saya eats once a day most days sometimes she gets a small snack or small meal..

Her snacks include rotation of the honest kitchen love, half pre made raw patty Bravo! beef brand, chicken foot, raw egg, 1oz or 2oz chicken gizzards, couple chicken hearts, smelt, caned salmon, mackerel, or sardines, caned dog food or if I have if raw green tripe I don't have it on hand to often.. haha

Saya does fine with once a day feeding she is content and has no bile puke ups.

I gorge/ fast once a month maybe twice or so. Something that gives a good work out like a pig head, pork shoulder with skin all on it..

Depends on how much she eats I don't feed her next day then go back to normal feeding or feed small meal like 2 or 3oz or small bit of honest kitchen.

Depends on breed a toy or some small breeds might not do ok with gorge meals or once day feeding.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 7:00pm PST 
Max eats once a day. I was very surprised that it could work as when kibble fed he needed a bedtime snack along with 2 regular meals to avoid early morning bile vomits. He also poops once per meal and early on in his raw fed career he would produce a soft poop after fed meat and a too hard poop after fed bony meat and organ. I like one nice consistency poop a day much better!
[notify]

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 8:01pm PST 
Sandy eats 4 times a day because of his acid reflux. Its easier now that I feed raw because he loves his food.
[notify]
Patches

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 7:31am PST 
Thanks everyone.
I think once a day will suit my lifestyle better. Especially when I work most mornings at 7 or 8 and must leave an hour before.
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 11:20am PST 
I have a 8-9 lb dog and she is fed once a day. with a small treat the other half of the day. I was feeding in the mornings, but I'm switching to evenings now so I have more time to let her gnaw on meaty bones
[notify]