GO!

Ideas on how you keep your floors clean for a PMR fed dog.

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Sausage

feed me

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 3:30pm PST 
My dog towel trained herself, because she's prissy laugh out loud
If I've forgot to put her blankets out, she'll clean the floors meticulously on her own. No funny smells or sticky spots, so I assume she's being thorough
[notify]
Lucy

Life is supposed- to be fun!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 4:34pm PST 
Feed in crate and lay a towel down on the bedding. Wash the towel periodically.
Check out my list of 'how to' videos:
www.dogvideoindex.blogspot.com
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 8:36pm PST 
I've done a variety of things. Feeding outside works best for me, or in the garage if the dogs are being buttheads about the weather or whatever. If I feed in the house I'll either give them one piece at a time, feed from the bowls (they keep stuff in/over the bowls) or feed on a crate pan. You could use a large cookie sheet instead of a crate pan if you do not have one. I only feed in a crate if one of the dogs is being stupid about their food (guarding, not eating it, etc.) but that almost never happens. I always feed them over some type of hard floor too.
I don't use towels, I think that is disgusting. I don't mind meat landing on hard floors, but I DO NOT like meat touching fabrics. If I were to use something like that it would be a small tarp.
I don't get worked up if something hits the floor, as long as it's not a carpet or rug. I just wipe it with vinegar after the dogs are done licking.

Edited by author Sun Feb 3, '13 8:37pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 8:15am PST 
Update...

So, I went with the simple route at first - put the meat in their stainless steel bowls and put the bowl on one edge of a placemat. It wasn't so bad after all! I only had to correct them once! The first time they took the meat off the bowl and run away with it to put it on an area rug (we have several) away from the other dogs. So, I took the meats and put it back in the bowls. Then they took the meat again and tried to run away I just did the normal "nuh-uh" that I always do when they try to eat before I give them the go-ahead and they put the meat back in the bowl... so then I tell them to go-ahead again and they took the meat and chomped on it over the bowl and then on the placemat and nowhere else (I guess they like having something to lay the meat on because they tried looking for a "safe" area rug).

It went pretty well for day 1! But then my little bichon vomitted early this morning and there were still small pieces of meat on it. I would think it would all be digested by now!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2