GO!

Supplementation - What's Necessary

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Buddy

Giving my paw- can get me- anything!

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 8:39pm PST 
I feed PMR but have two very sensitive dogs. Red meat (except pork) will make Buddy vomit immediately and continuously and Captain gets severe diarrhea for days. I have to feed somewhat of a bland diet (learned through trial and error and do my absolute best) so I do feel the need to supplement. My boys get Spirulina, Turmeric, fish oil, colostrum and the occasional probiotic. Buddy also has to get Glucosamine/ Chondroitin/ MSM for his sometimes painful joints and we do rounds of bentonite clay and milk thistle to cleanse. Coconut oil is an occasional treat. I've only seen improvements with the supplements and won't discontinue them anytime soon. way to go
[notify]
Chloe

small but mighty

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 6:42pm PST 
Hadley: what website? I'd be curious to input what I'm feeding and see if anything is missing. I'm currently only supplementing with fish oil and some glucosamine/chondroitin for my older gentleman.
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 12:12pm PST 
Salmon/fish oils and vitamin E are necessary for Conker for a variety of reasons. I also like to have him on a joint supplement of some sort since he's got bad knees. I use chicory root (prebiotic) often since it helps with digestion, and probiotics when he's got digestive problems.
Other than that, if I need to supplement something, I prefer to do it in whole-food form. Take zinc for example. If I need some zinc, I'll use canned oysters instead of a refined supplement.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 11:38pm PST 
I'm excited to learn many things here!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2