GO!

My Boston Gulps his raw food!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 7:50am PST 
I have a 1yr old male boston/frenchie dog, I have been feeding him a raw diet since he was 4mnths old. He will not stop gulping his food! 10oz is gone in seconds! I have tried giving him larger cuts but he just rips huge pieces off and swollows them, then throws them back up! I've also tried holding his food, same thing though. now I cut his food into tiny chunks except for the bones, which he chews but I think a little to fast. Im really worried his going to choke or hurt his insides!
I also have a 5yr old frenchie, and she has no problem taking her time with bigger cuts, she knows how to rip an tear. I really thought he would just copy her, but no hes a piggie!
Any ideas on how to stop him from doing this would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 8:10am PST 
Have you tried feeding it frozen?
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 8:33am PST 
Have you tried feeding something REEAALLLLY big? ..like a whole chicken or turkey?
[notify]

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 10:38pm PST 
I only feed ground, boneless, heart, liver, kidney, thymus frozen because Saya eats those quick she has eaten a 3oz pre made raw nugget whole she regurgitated it and re chewed it the right way.

bone in items I don't feed frozen..

Bostons and frenchies seem to be gulpers..
[notify]