GO!

Pig head time!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 1:50pm PST 
Last saturday I went for farmer's market run to stock up on some grass fed beef liver, kidney, heart, tongue and some lamb hearts.

I then went to butcher and saw a pig's head there! eek

I went and bought it figured it'd make nice fun meal and will last long time. Thing weighs 11 lbs! eek

Comes with eyes, tongue, ears and skin everything! big grin

I plan feed it in winter once it has snowed makes easier cleanup to feed it outside..

This my first time feeding pig head be interesting. Saya had had pig tongue before and she eats pork fine even does fine with the pork skin too.

This probably my craziest meat buy.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 4:03pm PST 
Nice find way to go I've fed Onyx a pig head a couple times and it did take him a pretty long time to eat. He seemed to enjoy the challenge.
[notify]
Chico

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 4:50pm PST 
I'd be real careful with that since pork bones tend to be sharper and more pointy than beef bones. Bones from the head can chip and break into real sharp edges
[notify]

Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 5:39pm PST 
Yay for heads! They make wonderfully complicated meals. Just be aware of the fat content of a pig's head and don't be surprised if you're treated to a serious case of the post-fatty-meal death farts later. silenced
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 9:42am PST 
It has the tongue? Nice!

Max had so much trouble [and fun] getting anything off the llama heads I don't think he ever got too much of anything. Llamas are probably leaner than pigs though.
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 8:38am PST 
my dog doesn't take to challenges well. shrug The grocery store my bf works at always stocks pig heads, I always look at them.. and imagine my little dog biting on it like a little wolf... but it's all in my head. Don't think I'll ever buy one.
[notify]