GO!

Well I thought it was a good deal :(

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 8:57pm PST 
So I found whole chickens for 99 cents a pound & snagged them. I went to cut them up tonight & looked more closely at the package. The "broth" it was packed with has sea salt. confused GRRRR. So I can't give this to the girls can I? Since they have soaked in salt?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 11:47pm PST 
You could try it. Soak some pieces and feed with good meat. If it works then fine, just don't feed it daily.

If not would the human side of the family be able to eat it?

Or could you cook it and make chicken jerky for training treats? If you boiled the chicken in lots of water and tossed the broth then a lot of sodium should be pulled out of the meat.

How high is the sodium content? I have seen up to 400mg in beef meant for stirfry and as little as 130mg.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 6:54am PST 
I've gotten a free whole turkey big one too it was enhanced, but I wasn't going to refuse it.

I cooked the meat and the organs in the organ back and chopped it up for treats or for making home made treats..

Saya liked it and had no issue since she got little bits of it.
[notify]

Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 6:07pm PST 
Thanks. I'll look at the sodium content & try soaking one & see how they do. It can't have much more salt than French fries right? I share & they sometimes steal the left overs if left unattended lol. They haven't had any issues.with them.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 8:56am PST 
I have sometimes used brine soaked chicken or turkey. It hasn't caused any problems and I figure it is still way better than kibble.
[notify]