GO!

Stag Bar - Deer Antlers for dogs to chew on! Awesome or what!?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '12 12:36pm PST 
Kitsune has a few deer antlers, but what he really loves are moose antlers! I don't know why, but he likes the moose a lot more than he does the deer. I have deer antler pieces that have been laying around the house for years that are barely chewed, but Kitsune went through a small piece of moose antler in just a few weeks because he was constantly chewing on it.
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 8:05am PST 
For most dogs, the enticing part of an antler is the marrow inside. Deer antlers have the lowest marrow:bone ratio of commercially available antlers, so a pickier dog will be less excited about all the work for the minimal reward.

Elk antlers have the highest marrow:bone ratio. I haven't found affordable moose antlers, but I hear they're much closer to the elk antler ratio than deer. They are also usually cut in many places, exposing much more marrow than slimmer antlers.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2