GO!

Cooked fish bones

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 5:56pm PST 
So, looks like Tia will have to have her food partially cooked for a while as she is still having tummy issues. I'm making talapia for the girls tonight. I'm going to cut the head & tail off & they can play with that while it cooks, but do I need to debone the fish once its cooked?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 8:16pm PST 
I would definitely get all the bones out! Even if the dogs could digest them they fall out of the cooked fish so aren't cushioned by the meat the way they are when fed raw.
[notify]
Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 10:13pm PST 
I took them out since I wasn't sure. They loved the raw heads though. GROSS!!!
[notify]

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 10:38pm PST 
I agree cooked fish bones are not good.. Saya done fine with raw fish so far..

Caned mackerel and calmon can have bones in it, but the caning process makes the bone soft enough I can squish it with my fingers.. So I don't worry with caned fish..
[notify]
Tessa- Sue~*In- loving- memory*~

Gone. But the- ledgend lives on

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 1:44pm PST 
You could always simmer it for an hour or so until the bones are mush. Or pressure cook it.. Or even stick it in a slow cooker for the day so you don't have to worry about bones. It'll all be mush
[notify]