GO!

Pork Cuts

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Severus

Mine! Mine!- Mine! Mine!!!!!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 12:08pm PST 
Hi,

Just curious what parts of the pig do you feed your dogs?

Thanks
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 12:20pm PST 
Saya gets pork ribs, pork shoulder roasts, pork chops I cut the bone off the chops to make it boneless pork chops.

Pork necks might be fine, but I always see them cut up never whole like lamb neck I gotten.

Pork shoulder once she gets to the bone the jointed part of the bone is edible so she grinds some of it and I take away for another time and then toss when she gets to part that's hard..
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 1:05pm PST 
Max gets pork shoulder with bone, fresh ham [raw uncured back legs] the whole neck, pork chops with the bone cut out, pork ribs, kidney and liver. He doesn't care for trotters and I haven't bought ears for ages. Any cut that doesn't have a too small or sharp bone is fine.
[notify]

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 2:47pm PST 
Saya also gets pork tongue, liver, and heart.
[notify]
Severus

Mine! Mine!- Mine! Mine!!!!!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 2:51pm PST 
would feeding a whole pork heart in one serving be too rich for a shiba to take?
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 3:29pm PST 
We've done pork shoulder, pork chops (deboned), ribs, country style ribs (deboned), tails, feet, heart, liver, kidney, and we had a pig head once but I left it in a baggie in the snow and my fiance put it out with the garbage frown.
[notify]
Winston-dog

Sir Winston- Crazy-dog - can we play yet?

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 3:56pm PST 
Winston used to get trotters, and heads occaisionally. He doesn't do too well on pork now though. The heads were great as the butcher chopped them in half lengthwise, and this fed him for a whole weekend.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 4:06pm PST 
I forgot heart, there are a couple in the freezer for him right now! I give him the whole thing. It is a bit smaller than a usual meal and he has them done just fine. I would introduce it as a new meat and watch the poop. It isn't as rich as beef or lamb heart but it is richer than skeletal pork meat. I cut through them so they are bigger and floppier so he doesn't try to chomp and swallow too fast. They are just the size and shape of the pork chunk that needed a redo a couple years ago.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 5:19pm PST 
Depends on the dog and size of the heart I never gotten pork heart in while usually just lamb, beef and chicken..

I've fed a whole lamb heart before it weighed 11oz and Saya ate it all as her day meal and she did fine.

She been fed lamb heart for while so she is used to it.

i'd probably work up to that amount and feed bone in with it if worried.

11oz is most Saya would eat she usually eats 5 to 7oz a day.

Can always cut in half if the heart is big.

Beef heart is huge no way she could eat all of it so I cut into 2oz 3oz 4oz and 6oz portions..
[notify]
Bruce

As delicate as a- bulldozer

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 6:08pm PST 
Mostly heart. Various hearts make up the majority of Neeko, Bruce and Faolan's diet. Shoulder, ribs, kidney, liver, spleen. Occasionally feet. I received a couple free loin roasts, and fed them as well.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2