GO!

Tips on being more efficient

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Zeppelin CGN

Mellow is the- path to- happiness

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 6:30am PST 
Lilith: I know what you mean! Jagger's meals are the hardest since he eat 4oz a day. laugh out loud
Do you know how to get started on the gorge fast method? I typically fast all dogs a day every 2-3 weeks, but feed large meals the day before and the day after. Often enough though, Zeppelin won't eat his entire large meal... thinking
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 1:28pm PST 
Most dogs need to be gradually worked up to a gorge/fast feeding style. Slowly start feeding a little extra food one day, a little less food the next, and so on.

This article, Why your dogs needs to fill its stomach on a regular basis, and the link within it to the "Conditioning" article, are a good intro. I've been considering it with Onyx so I was looking into it, and there are actually a number of threads on gorge/fasting on Dogster that should help you decide if it might be a good option for your dog(s).

Gorge/Fast
Gorge/Fast method questions
Just curious...Gorging and Fasting.
how to gorge/fast?
Why your dog needs to fill it's stomach on a regular basis
Transitioning to the Gorge/Fast method?
Gorge
[notify]
Zeppelin CGN

Mellow is the- path to- happiness

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 3:19pm PST 
Onyx: wow Thanks for the links. I will be sure to check them out! hail