GO!

What should I feed my St. Bernard puppy???

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 3:43pm PST 
So my daughter has a 9 week old St bernard puppy and we are unsure what we should be feeding her.
If someone gives me the link for pics I'll post one. The Jonrad link isn't working
[notify]
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 8:26pm PST 
I would keep the puppy on what her breeder was feeding her/him til things settle down and the pup gets adjusted. Check out dogfoodadvisor.com, which has ratings on different foods. If you decide to change the food, do so very SLOWLY so there won't be any upset tummies. A little new food each day and a little less old food over the span of 2 weeks. blue dog
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Thu Aug 21, '14 10:31pm PST 
I'm not so worried about the change over I've had puppies. I find conflicting advice on what to feed a large breed puppy. They were feeding puppy chow. I would never feed my dogs that. We have her on Diamond naturals large breed puppy right now.
[notify]

Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Fri Aug 22, '14 9:11am PST 
I would feed something for large breed puppies, the best you can afford without breaking the bank since it will be the base building blocks of your pup's health.
[notify]