GO!

Expectant Parent

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Reese

Momma's Leash on- Life

Barked: Sun Jul 28, '13 3:58pm PST 
I am so excited. I'm getting a new puppy. We expect to have him by September 1st, so in about a month. But let me back up.

I'm Rebecca. I live with my hubby, 2 cats- Oreo and Button, and 2 turtles. My hubby and I own our own home. And now we're getting a dog or, rather, I am.

After a year of doing all the research and deciding, mutually, what was in my best interest health wise, we decided to get a pup that will become my Service Dog. I'm self training, with support from a community of friends who've self trained for years, training books, and a trainer.

I have chosen my breed, the Poodle, and my breeder. I have pick of the litter. The pup who passes the character test at 7 weeks, in another 3 weeks, will be my pup. If more then one pup passes, I will be able to pick my own puppy when we get there next month. And boy am I excited!

As a side note, my cats ARE on catster, but I have yet to post pics, so they haven't gone live just yet. I'm a newbie here, but not new to cats and dogs, which I've had my entire life. Getting forward to meeting some of you and maybe making some friends.
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Mon Jul 29, '13 5:33pm PST 
Poodle's are a wonderful breed, congratulations on the newest addition. Welcome to Dogster puppy
[notify]
Lucy

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 8:18am PST 
Very cool! There's nothing cuter than a puppy! Have fun with the new one when you get it!
[notify]